LCD remains dark (backlight is on)

10.1" 1280x800 wide-view capacitive, OMAP4460 Dual-core, 3G-optional tablet.
Sascha

LCD remains dark (backlight is on)

Post by Sascha »

Hi,

I've just googled the net up & down but can't seem to find a solution:
Last night I turned my Archos 101 G9 Turbo 250GB into sleep mode (hit the pwr button briefly, as usual) but when I tried to switch it on today, the display remained dark. But: the LED backlight is on. First thought was it had a wake-up problem. Did a hard reset, but didn't do a thing, no boot screen. HDD wakes up, and the device is apparently booting up, though.

Thing is: I can successfully operate it via HDMI. Also, the screen accepts *input* as usual, it's just dark.

I moved the brightness slider around (using HDMI, of course), but nothing happens.

Tried recovery mode (pwr + vol+). HDMI output displays the usual white screen, the built-in lcd does not.

The installed firmware is 4.0.28 (latest, already).

I've openend it and checked the flex cable and the pcb-side connector. All is well. Was expecting that, though, as I haven't even moved it a bit since it went into sleep mode yesterday.

Any ideas? Thanks for any hints or whatever.

Sascha
Sascha

Re: LCD remains dark (backlight is on)

Post by Sascha »

Update:
Nevermind, I've sold the tablet on ebay (as defective). Don't know whether the LCD can be reactivated or not, I hope so.
Sad to see it go, I liked it. Despite that issue, a solid & sturdy pal. Godspeed. :/
Aliraza183
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Aliraza183 »

When they ask to register my tablet I can't, because I don't know it's product key. It can be read out from the menu, but in my case it's not an option.????

www.learnalanguage.com/learn-english/
www.learnalanguage.com/learn-norwegian/
http://www.englishlanguage.ie/
paulette
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by paulette »

totally agree, does not work all the time and hard to receive a reply from their support department.
www.frenchspanishonline.com french

Return to “Archos 101 G9”