Internet Access Problems

4GB, 30GB, 160GB...
Mouse
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Internet Access Problems

Post by Mouse »

Hi, just found and joined this forum for some help if possible please.

I bought a used Archos 605 WiFi a few years back and used it now and then for photos and music. I tried initially to access the internet but gave up, not understanding it.

Anyhow, I have decided to try again but with a lot more determination. I can find a Firmware 2.01.04 and a mac code on the system but could this be from the previous owner details or what they registered.

When I tap the internet globe, it will show our wifi with a locked symbol, then unable to connect.

Sorry for the first post being a real pain, but im totally stuck and would really appreciate any kind of help.

Thank you.
Mouse
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Internet Access Problems

Post by Mouse »

Hi, does anyone know how many digits you need in the wpa2 key for the archos 605 for ee wifi please.
SHADO
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women

Post by SHADO »

Wish I could help, but I'm not using WPA2 encryption.

To be honest, the 605 is so glacially slow when used for
internet access that I wouldn't even bother. Seriously.
30GB 605WiFi (x2)/250GB A5 IMT
Mouse
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Mouse »

Thanks for your advice. I have been looking at tablets as I have never been able to get the 605 on line. Maybe go down that route then :?
SHADO
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women

Post by SHADO »

Mouse wrote:Thanks for your advice. I have been looking at tablets as I have never been able to get the 605 on line. Maybe go down that route then :?

Or you could just turn off the encryption on your network for a couple minutes and then connect your 605 just to see how slow it is, and if it is worth the effort. My connection isn't the fastest, by any means, but I have noticed that my Archos 5, which is just one generation newer than my 605, is about 3 times faster (but still dreadfully slow).
30GB 605WiFi (x2)/250GB A5 IMT

Return to “605 WiFi”