Archos 101 xs GPS problem

$299 10.1" 1280x800 OMAP4470 with $49 keyboard coverboard dock
Sava Ford
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 101 xs GPS problem

Post by Sava Ford »

Hi to all fans. I m new to forum and big fun of Archos. I buy before one month 101 and i m so happy with that tablet. But i have little problem, and hope that you can help me. I install iGO primo 2.0 and have googlemaps too, but my device hardly find sattelites. In program GPStest find only 3 maybe 5 five max sattelites. And numbers is 18 28 max 35 and very slow and hard connect, when i m outside in yard or on the street. In house only from terrace. I found on internet that maybe is 4.1.1 have problem with gps, maybe HC is better. I dont know, i try everything but i cannot fix this xD if you know some solution pls help and thank you. Sorry for my bad english :) Thx!
squalou
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Archos 101 xs GPS problem

Post by squalou »

Just to up tis post :
I want to mention that I have the same problem.

Waited 30 minutes outside, never caught any GPS signal :-(

Have to try GPS monitor maybe to see what's happening ?
FSRider
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by FSRider »

I've tested mine yesterday.

GPS on and wifi connected to my galaxy s advance (with 3G connection): works greatly!

I've used google maps with navigation. My 101xs is updated to jelly bean.

I'm testing the tablet from last week and i'm very happy with that: really impressed by the performance with jelly bean, like a rocket!

The only thing that isn't perfect it's battery life: good enough, but not fantastic... but no real problem with it, i can use it for an entire day (of intensive use) without problem.
calande
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by calande »

I have the same problem. I have waited maybe 20 min in the park but the GPS of Google Maps keeps searching for navigation data with the ever ending spinning hourglass. GPSTest says I have 8 satellites around but none of them connected. Any idea what to do with my 101 XS to have GPS to work?
Nicco
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Nicco »

Hi,
I'm using co-pilot on my 101xs 1, having previously used it on the Archos 5. GPS lock on the 5 took a long time and indeed with the 101 it also took a while but was better. Having researched a few things I installed "GPS Status" from Google Play which seems to have speeded things up. Give it a try to see if it helps.
calande
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by calande »

I solved my problem. I installed TomTom application for Android, ran it and waited for maybe 15min outside. At one point it found the satellites. Now, everything works as expected. When I turn on the touchpad and run TomTom, it takes around 5 seconds outside to find the satellites.

Return to “101 XS”