QR Reader for Archos 101 G9

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
nickenino
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

QR Reader for Archos 101 G9

Post by nickenino »

Hi:

I've a new archos 101 G9 tablet and i need to use on it some QR-Reader software. I've tryed to install several sw (qr-droid, barcode reader, kaywa...) but in 'google play' all are incompatibles.

Is there some sw that runs on this tablet?

Thanks in advance!

Nickenino
greyrider
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: QR Reader for Archos 101 G9

Post by greyrider »

No idea, but if you try asking in the G9 forum perhaps somebody could help you......
nickenino
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nickenino »

Thanks. I'm going to put this question on G9 forum.
viking

Post by viking »

I guess i must have moved this topic to the right forum. To get barcode scanners to work you have to set their mirror option on, because front cameras tend to be flipped for some reason.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115
nickenino
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nickenino »

Hi viking!

The problem is that i don't find any QR/barcode reader compatible with the Archos 101 G9.

Thanx!

nickenino
mls
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by mls »

nickenino wrote:Hi viking!

The problem is that i don't find any QR/barcode reader compatible with the Archos 101 G9.

Thanx!

nickenino

Not likely you ever will either. Those apps are set up for use with devices that have rear cameras. They also require higher quality/resolution cameras that have auto focus ability. The Archos G9 camera is a low quality fixed focus type that is barely worth using for video chat with Skype.
Archos 101 G9 8G classic (512M RAM)
viking

Post by viking »

no, there shouldnt be a problem that i can see. I have scanners working on my archos 70 and arnova 101 with cheapo fixed focus front cameras... even bar codes work which are supposed to need focus. But you have to aim it perfectly perpendicular, centered, and the right distance.

I wonder if the scanner writers cut us off arbitrarily, due to a lot of complaints by folks who wouldnt do the fiddly aiming or didnt find the mirror option. I notice my 2 working scanner apps keep trying to update, but wont. We have seen app writers cut off device support before to marginal device communities that complain because they lower their star rating. So you might be able to download a working version from somewhere, but i had no luck so far.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115
nickenino
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nickenino »

HI all!

Thanks for the responses.

I've found an app that is Google Play says not compatible with my Archos but that it runs OK. It's ScanLife, and it uses the front camera. This camera has not great quality, but it works for code scanner. At the frst moments the app gave me some error, but it has gone (perhaps because some system update)

Thanx

nickenino
Goner
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Goner »

Is that this ScanLife ??

How did you download it ?? Market says it's incompatible with Archos G9 and even from their own site I get redirected to the market where I am not allowed to install it :cry:
A80G9Turbo 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM - 16GB
nickenino
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nickenino »

Hi Goner!

Yes, it is. I installed the .apk file directly, but I don't remember where i found it.

I've also installed the barcode reader (from zxing project) in the same way and it runs OK.

The first time that i use these apps they didn't run, but later they did it. I don't know nor understand why.

Salud!
activeboy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by activeboy »

finnland wrote:I also installed the .apk file directly but it reports there is an error. But I did not installed the barcode reader library, so I wonder where to find the open source for that?

Open source? I know a good barcode site. You can find various barcode generators and barcode readers there. You may take a look. It's called onbarcode. I used tools from there, called Code 128 barcode generator for C#. Not bad. Hope this is a good source for you.
IByte
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by IByte »

I think Barcode Scanner Plus can do it, it works on my Archos 80 G9.
Using Archos 80 G9 (1GHz 8GB)
Ktueethall
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Ktueethall »

Yes, QR Barcode Scanner Plus can do it, it works on my Archos 80 G9. Besides, this barcode reader still can be compatible to decode and read other commonly used 1d and 2d barcode types, including code 39, code 128, ean 8, ean 13, ean 128 as well as upc a and upce.

Return to “General G9 discussions”