Greetings & Salutations From A New Archos User

4GB, 30GB, 160GB...
TXBodean
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Greetings & Salutations From A New Archos User

Post by TXBodean »

Howdy folks, just joined up after purchasing a 605 WiFi 30gb for my wife to use to watch her favorite recorded shows when traveling in China/Japan. Since I use Dish Network with the VIP receivers I also downloaded the plugin, unfortunately after I ordered the DVR Station. I also just got a 605 WiFi 4gb (16gb card on the way) to use primarily in my car with a Gen 5 bullet cam to record road video. I'll probably be searching the forum quite a bit to get the car cam recorder setup. Looks like a fair scattering of good knowledgeable folks. Look'n forward to the experience. 8)

Regards,

TXBodean
CamberleyGooner
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: Greetings & Salutations From A New Archos User

Post by CamberleyGooner »

Welcome, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say enjoy your 605 and may you never have a problem with it.
Kodiak

Post by Kodiak »

Welcome to the forum. You are right that you will find a lot of very knowledgeable people here. There has also been a lot of knowledgeable people that have already posted very detailed info. As always the best to do is try searching before you post a new thread. The 605 has been out for some time and there is a lot of good info here already.

The beauty of a good search is that you may find a very informative thread that has compiled many responses over say a weeks time. You will get to read it all that very minute. No waiting for lots of replies to come in. With that said if you do have to post a thread you will usually get a quick reply but some more complex questions can take some time. This is where searches is the king.

Like I said welcome and don't be a stranger.
TXBodean
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by TXBodean »

Since I am interested in setting up my 605 as a dashcam I've done several searches on the topic. Bill (lightningltd) seems to have taken this a far as anyone in the forum. Sure would like to see pictures though. I haven't really noticed folks posting images, but you do have the tags for them. Have I just missed the few that are there?

Regards,

TXBodean
queUKx
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by queUKx »

I just ordered one from szswill.com as well as a battery discharge prevention device and a 32GB sd card.
Once installed, the camera will record non-stop, keeping almost 12 hours on the sd card. I can set the power supply to shut off after a certain amount of time, or if the car battery gets low, whatever comes first.
I plan on making a bracket that attaches above the visor panel so I don't have to worry about it getting stolen if I leave the car unlocked.

All in all, pretty cheap for some added peace of mind, protection, and the added benefit of an easy way to record auto x / rally / ice race outings.

Return to “605 WiFi”