What are you guys using to convert? HELP!

felixxiano
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

What are you guys using to convert? HELP!

Post by felixxiano »

I just got my 604 wifi, and there seems to be some issues with certain file types.

I recall using an free online video converter that succesfully converted the files from any extension into avi, but I can't seem to find the site.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks
mulyadi_pd
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mulyadi_pd »

you use this link : http://www.aone-soft.com/.
you can convert anything
drose12
Archos User
Archos User

Post by drose12 »

Not that I'm against freeware, but I bought DivX Pro for $30 (you need the MPEG2/DVD plugin) http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/buy/?prima=homewinbuy, and I use the Converter application that comes with it, and use the Portable settings. This works great for me, lets you batch them up and encode in the background, it also is multiprocessor aware. It's worked for me everytime, I mostly convert MPEG2 recordings from my MythTV PVR to DivX to watch on my 604wifi. I also have the Cinema plugin and native MPEG2 support works too, its just nice to be able to store a few more shows (only have 30gb) because of the decent compression you get with DivX.
JaseP
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by JaseP »

Mpeg4 AVI seems to be the best to use, that way you don't need to purchase the plugin (rip-off!!!, cough, cough,... ).

I'm an open source user, so I use things line mencoder front ends... haven't tried a lot yet... I'm thinking of getting the DVR station so that I can record my girlfriend's home movies of her son to a digital file that can be later edited into a DVD...
felixxiano
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by felixxiano »

THX guys.... you are always so useful!!!

Return to “604 WiFi”