PDF to JPG software?

4GB, 30GB, 160GB...
Chengbin
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 2880
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:59 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by Chengbin »

GregRocket wrote:
Chengbin wrote:PDF password remover rocks! It removed the password on all of my secured PDFs! Can anyone recommend a free software that can convert PDFs into text?


Here is a free one to try.
www.a-pdf.com/text/


I just tried it, and it doesn't work. The output file is in weird words.
Chengbin
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 2880
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:59 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by Chengbin »

So the 605 can read .txt files if the extension name is changed to .html right?
fischju
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:33 pm

Post by fischju »

PaperLess Printer.
http://www.rarefind.com/paperlessprinter/downloads.html
This is what you want.
kb
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 1745
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:19 am

Post by kb »

Chengbin wrote:So the 605 can read .txt files if the extension name is changed to .html right?


The 605 will read files named .txt and .html without renaming anything if you have the web browser plugin. Otherwise it won't read either.

I've noticed that the browser chokes on very large files, wether plain text or HTML. So it may be no use for reading long novels that are in a single file.
whittonj
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:17 pm

Post by whittonj »

I have War and Peace in txt format- (1296 pages in the physical hard-cover version I have- about the longest book I hope I ever read); the Archos opened it and I could scroll down while it was loading as fast I could read- I never hit the bottom of the file. It loaded the whole thing in 2 minutes. Unfortunately, the scrolling is a little slow so once I get to chapter 22 and have to shut off the Archos to take a break-- it will take 10 minutes to scroll back down to the page. I didn't keep any in html version - since the txt seem a slight bit faster. (The txt file will only be smaller that a html file by a tiny bit, unless the html is actually marked-up with bolds and italics and such I believe)
kb
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 1745
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:19 am

Post by kb »

whittonj wrote:I have War and Peace in txt format- (1296 pages in the physical hard-cover version I have- about the longest book I hope I ever read); the Archos opened it and I could scroll down while it was loading as fast I could read- I never hit the bottom of the file. It loaded the whole thing in 2 minutes. Unfortunately, the scrolling is a little slow so once I get to chapter 22 and have to shut off the Archos to take a break-- it will take 10 minutes to scroll back down to the page. I didn't keep any in html version - since the txt seem a slight bit faster. (The txt file will only be smaller that a html file by a tiny bit, unless the html is actually marked-up with bolds and italics and such I believe)


I suspect that perhaps the text version is faster because it has hard line breaks at the end of each line. This will have the effect that the browser will just display the text line-for-line as it appears in the file. HTML has to be reflowed to fit the page with, which means working out how long each word is, etc. This takes a bit of time.

The problem I had with long text files was finding my place in them after the browser has been shut down. You're not going to read War and Peace in one sitting, I guess :) If you're half way down, it's going to take a few minutes to load enough text, then potentially a long time to scroll down.

That's not the fault of the 605, necessarily -- browsers just don't make particularly good eBood readers, compared to real eBook readers.

To be honest, I've never been able to use a 605 or similar device for reading books after I bought a Sony PRS. The PRS has an opaque screen which works best (rather that worst) in direct sunlight, and a 700-page battery life.
zigmond
Archos Guru
Archos Guru
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location: Location:

Post by zigmond »

fischju wrote:PaperLess Printer.
http://www.rarefind.com/paperlessprinter/downloads.html
This is what you want.


I use FinePrint when I need to print something to an image file instead of the printer.
I don't remember where I got it from, but it's free.
aliaanderson
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:21 pm

Re: PDF to JPG software?

Post by aliaanderson »

You want pdf to jpg conversion software visit here http://pdf-to-jpg-convert.en.softonic.com
nupur2508
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: PDF to JPG software?

Post by nupur2508 »

Hi! I would also like to suggest another software, http://products.softsolutionslimited.co ... to_jpg.htm. This is an amazing software, and better than most of the software suggested in this forum.
Post Reply

Return to “605 WiFi”