New guy

New Rockchip RK2918 ARM Cortex-A8 capacitive Android 2.3 capacitive tablets
Ghost225
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

New guy

Post by Ghost225 »

I am new here and have a couple of questions. I am considering a Archos Arnova 8 G2 501834 Tablet PC 1.00GHz 7" 4GB Flash Memory for my wife for Christmas.

1. It comes with Gingerbread. Is it rootable?

2. Honeycomb update (root or otherwise) available?

3. She needs a tablet for entertainment only. E-books, movies, Angy birds etc. Will this unit fit the bill?

I have an ASUS Transformer TF101 I use for work and the wife doesnt want anything that powerful. I am hoping this one does what she needs. Thanks in advance.
exelletor
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: New guy

Post by exelletor »

Ghost225 wrote:I am new here and have a couple of questions. I am considering a Archos Arnova 8 G2 501834 Tablet PC 1.00GHz 7" 4GB Flash Memory for my wife for Christmas.

1. It comes with Gingerbread. Is it rootable?

Yes, but so far only with Custom Rom...

2. Honeycomb update (root or otherwise) available?

No, may be somebody will make CM9 with ICS for it...

3. She needs a tablet for entertainment only. E-books, movies, Angy birds etc. Will this unit fit the bill?

Yes, for sure.
I have an ASUS Transformer TF101 I use for work and the wife doesnt want anything that powerful. I am hoping this one does what she needs. Thanks in advance.
RK2918 is one of the most powerfull Cortex A8 processors, so you both should be very happy. :)
Ghost225
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: New guy

Post by Ghost225 »

Thanks for the response. I just put a bid in on ebay for an Arnove G10 at 150. If I win she gets more screen space.

Return to “Arnova 10 G2, Arnova 9 G2, Arnova 8 G2, Arnova 7 G2”