Archos 5 internet Tablet FM remote

Archos Android Tablet available now 8GB ($189), 16GB ($229), 32GB ($258), 160GB ($310), 500GB ($349)
Budda89
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 5 internet Tablet FM remote

Post by Budda89 »

I have a FM remote for my archos 5 internet tablet. It's not brand new, my friend gave it to me. It doesn't seems to be working, it's not controlling the archos. And once plugged in the speakers doesn't cut off. Do anyone have a solution for the remote, I'm also running firmware 1.77 if that makes a difference. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Farsquidge
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Archos 5 internet Tablet FM remote

Post by Farsquidge »

The Gen6 FM remote for the Archos 5 Internet MEDIA Tablet does not work with the Gen7 Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android.
Reason is, the Gen6 did not have an internal radio so the FM remote itself, was a device with an inbuilt FM unit that fed the audio the Gen6 A5 IMT.
The Gen7 A5 IT (note the missing 'M') has an inbuilt radio just like an Android cellphone so it only needs stereo earphones connected to provide an antenna by means of the cable.
Hope this helps.
605Wi, A5IMT, A5IT, A7o 8GB:2.4.82
rodpp
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rodpp »

Farsquidge wrote:The Gen6 FM remote for the Archos 5 Internet MEDIA Tablet does not work with the Gen7 Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android.
Reason is, the Gen6 did not have an internal radio so the FM remote itself, was a device with an inbuilt FM unit that fed the audio the Gen6 A5 IMT.
The Gen7 A5 IT (note the missing 'M') has an inbuilt radio just like an Android cellphone so it only needs stereo earphones connected to provide an antenna by means of the cable.
Hope this helps.

Ok, but the A5IT would use the control buttons only. The remote control (wired) is a nice feature of the GEN6 FM remote and the A5IT can not use it and do not have anything similar.
Farsquidge
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Farsquidge »

rodpp wrote:
Farsquidge wrote:The Gen6 FM remote for the Archos 5 Internet MEDIA Tablet does not work with the Gen7 Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android.
Hope this helps.

Ok, but the A5IT would use the control buttons only. The remote control (wired) is a nice feature of the GEN6 FM remote and the A5IT can not use it and do not have anything similar.

No, there is no device control interface built into Android (A5IMT was not Android!) to use the remote keys. The only way you have of playback control (ie. FWD, RWD, Pause and Play) is through Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP control.
Buy a good set of Bluetooth headphones with AVRCP and away you go! :D
605Wi, A5IMT, A5IT, A7o 8GB:2.4.82
AllenPapapetrou
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AllenPapapetrou »

Budda89 wrote:I have a FM remote for my archos 5 internet tablet. It's not brand new, my friend gave it to me. It doesn't seems to be working, it's not controlling the archos. And once plugged in the speakers doesn't cut off. Do anyone have a solution for the remote, I'm also running firmware 1.77 if that makes a difference. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

This issue has been covered a number of times in the last year. The Gen6 FM Remote Does Not Work with the 5IT, Period :cry:

Allen
-An old geek 8)
5IT|A70S|A101

Return to “Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android”