Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:44 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I found some nice silicone cases, good prices too.

60GB Black
60GB White
120GB+ Black
120GB+ White
120GB+ Pink

I hope somebody finds these useful. I'm thinking of getting a black case for my 120GB Archos 5 now! :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:24 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Put a video with a Silicone case for the Archos 5 250 GB on a Archos 5 500 GB at http://USArchos.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I'm sure that YOU guys know, but since there are many new users coming in all the time, and since this IS an A5A related thread, I will state now that my A5 120GB is not as wide as my A5A 32GB, and the leather cases for my A5 120GB DO NOT FIT my A5A 32GB unit because the A5A is too wide.(Also, the kickstand is on the wrong side.)

So I recommend that any new A5A users do not take the previous posting to mean that A5 60GB or 120GB fitted-leather cases will work with their new A5A with any size drive.

The above silicone cases MAY be a good idea FOR NOW to protect your A5A unit until the RIGHT ones are released since these old model ones are currently selling for less than $15 USD, protecting at least partially, your multi-hundred dollar gift or investment, but know up-front that the fit will not be perfect, and it will still leave an exposed corner of the device vulnerable to drop, hit, wear, and abrasion damage...

After all the stylus/kickstand confusion in other threads I felt it prudent to mention this ASAP.....

NOTE for those who don't know:
A5 = 2008 Archos 5 VERSIONS
and
A5A = 2009 Archos 5 Android VERSIONS

Ken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:12 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Right you are. I mentioned many of your points in the video. Everyone should think hard about how best to protect their Archos 5 with Android that they spent over 300 dollars for and protect it well with a case built for the Archos 5 with Android. Cases built for the Archos 5 with Android are hard to come by in the US. If however, you are a fan of the silicone case I would ask you to comment on my video that you want i-nique to create a silicone case for the Archos 5 with Android. I have been told by i-nique that they may do a silicone case for the Archos 5 with Android. His exact quote "We are also considering a silicone case as well." I have no opinion except that I know many people do like the silicone case and would like for that to be a choice among the many cases that will hopefully be available soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:35 am 

the leather case every time on these expensive toys, the silicons give very little protecton from experiance, and eventually will scratch your machine as grit gets under the skin.
i had my gmini 402 in such case and that was made out of alum but it did eventually manage to scratch it. also if you drop a player in an leather case you have more of a chance of the machine surviving the fall with the extra padding.
ive said this a dozen times on this forum, why spend hundreds of pounds or dollors on a machine only to put a cheap and nasty layer of silicon on it, ok it may look nice for a short while but it will eventually crack or rip.

ive just ordered the noreve in vintage dark, i saw another member with that colour a while back and it was beautiful, im just pleased that noreve have gone back to the all round protection it offered on earlier cases, the 120gb+ 2008 version was clipped in.
roy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:10 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

roylovelock wrote:
the leather case every time on these expensive toys, the silicons give very little protecton from experiance, and eventually will scratch your machine as grit gets under the skin.
i had my gmini 402 in such case and that was made out of alum but it did eventually manage to scratch it. also if you drop a player in an leather case you have more of a chance of the machine surviving the fall with the extra padding.
ive said this a dozen times on this forum, why spend hundreds of pounds or dollors on a machine only to put a cheap and nasty layer of silicon on it, ok it may look nice for a short while but it will eventually crack or rip.

ive just ordered the noreve in vintage dark, i saw another member with that colour a while back and it was beautiful, im just pleased that noreve have gone back to the all round protection it offered on earlier cases, the 120gb+ 2008 version was clipped in.
roy

I agree completely. I have the case from inique for my Archos7 and am awaiting the new one for my A5A. They are very nice, and I had a few people wanting to buy them after seeing mine.

Solid construction, and pretty darn good protection. (Though I admit that the white stitching isn't for everyone. But it doesn't bother me.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:53 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I prefer the leather case. No scratches on my old A5. 8)
It seems that the silicon is not so good in protection as the leather case.
Okay. The leather case is more expensive, but I will pay much more for a better protection.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:40 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

As a service, I would like to share with you all that I purchased my A5A 60GB Leather case from Noreve today. Used the code vcoupon code:
CardMe10% off your next order.

It immediately removed 10% from the item in my cart. So it works, and can drop a few dollars back into our war-torn wallets.

Hey, every little bit saved adds up!

It will be nice to se how it stacks up against the Tuff Luv that holds my Archos 7

Ken N

Last edited by knorris908 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Ribby.
I am glad to hear about 500GB harddrive, Can anyone reply me regarding the company providing 500GB harddrive for desktop and please do reply me regarding the performance of the same.
Thanks for your post and stay in touch.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:09 am 
Archos User
Archos User

misticaudio is back with a new leather case for the Archos 5 Android devices.

Those of you who have been around a while will remember our case for the 404, 604 series of players. Here's a thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4002

These new cases are logo free, made of quality soft leather. Here are some other features:

Flap front cover with snap closure
Video Stand with snap closure on back of case
SD Card slots (2) inside the front cover
Stylus holder inside front cover hinge
Access for controls with player inside the case

Based in the U.S., these are sold through http://www.sensorycandy.com, a secure site which ships internationally. Within the U.S. these can ship via USPS First Class Mail or Priority Mail (FedEx is also an option)

Overseas shipments will ship via USPS First Class International (very reasonable), this method of shipping does not provide tracking.

$27.95US plus shipping.

There are a limited amount available, first come, first serve.

Available in both sizes: 32GB SSD Model and 160/500GB HDD models

as always, if Charbax or a mod feels this is not appropriate for the forums, please remove.

A sample is on the way to Charbax for review purposes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:11 am 

misticjeff long time no hear!!!!
i personally have no problem as i know your a legit seller and it is archos related (just check the 404 / 604 forums) but i will ask you to also post this up in the buy and sell area as well.
its nice to see more cases coming to the market for these machines so quickly as well.
roy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

For those who want some protection without waiting too long, I bought (in the UK) a Case Logic hard drive cover, £14.99 from Currys or PC World. The case is semi hard, and has a "net" on the inside for storing a cable or whatever. The 500 Gig A5A fits nicely.

Silvo :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Has anyone found a slip case for the A5A 500GB yet? I am going to get the Built NY case shown on the USArchossite, but I would like a purpose built slimmer slip case for my A5A.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:53 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I am expecting sensorycandy.com (out now see above) and tuff-luv cases to be out soon (Tuff-Luv says 4 more days at http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn=1/ ... 5205261270). These are the only ones that I have heard so far have plans to make an Archos 5a case other than Noreve. Noreve USA has the case for $54.81 available now at http://www.noreveusa.com/product/Archos ... _case.html.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:31 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

yes, it is currently out of stock.
The information on Amazon.de (marketplace) for the tuff luv is 2009-11-11.