NEW QTOPIA RELEASED! FINALLY!

Special Developer Edition Firmwares and Hacking on Archos 5 IT, 5/7 IMT, 605/705, with Android, ├àngstr├Âm and other Linux
L0wt3ch
Archos User
Archos User

NEW QTOPIA RELEASED! FINALLY!

Post by L0wt3ch »

Well, it's been "some weeks", but, the new Qtopia has finally been released! It's amazing - it's got Firefox, the GIMP, etc, and it looks just like the pictures Bubu posted some time ago.

I take back all the bad things I said before about OpenPMA, that they were just stringing us along and were never going to release anything, that they were liars, etc. Obviously this is not the case. So thanks Bubu, Grond, KB, etc. You guys sure came through in the end!

The new build can be obtained here.
kb
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: NEW QTOPIA RELEASED! FINALLY!

Post by kb »

So you're still peeved that people with jobs and families decided that they had better things that do than spend hours hacking a frustrating, virtually-unhackable device, just so you could sit on your lazy arse and get a web browser without paying for it ?

You should get a life, really you should :/
CheBuzz
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CheBuzz »

L0wt3ch, you know they say the great thing about linux is that anybody can modify it. So... where's your release? If it's that important to you, why not jump into the code and do it instead of bitching at people who actually are working on something.
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Redneck »

fail.
i look at links before i click on them+i usually keep my speakers off. ive been rick rolled about 10 times today so.....yeah.
MY SIGNATURE
pandyBox
Archos User
Archos User

Post by pandyBox »

It's a pretty lame April Fool. Iv'e seen many better ones (amusing and/or convincing).
160G 605 WiFi
L0wt3ch
Archos User
Archos User

Post by L0wt3ch »

cyclonezephyrxz7 wrote: According to what Grond said to me in a PM
This thread was started as a kind of proof that a total hack of the 605 was possible. However, we will not release such a hack as it enables people to unlock the plugins without paying for them. We do not intend to cause any economical damage to Archos which appear to be in trouble anyway. We use this hack in order to have good testing devices where we can modify everything. E.g. we now have custom images based on the most recent Archos firmware (2.1.04) including gdb. This comes very handy when looking for exploitable bugs in 2.1.04. So if there every will be a further release, it will most probably be based on a new exploit that yet has to be discovered. However, if you still have a 1.7.13-device, I would keep it at this firmware version as you can do a lot of investigations yourself. Theoretically you could do the same hack that we did, however, you will have to do it all by yourself as we won't help you... :)
Let that be a lesson to everyone - there's nothing worse for a hacking scene than for it to be full of pretend hackers. Infiltrators is probably a better word. I knew there was something fishy about the OpenPMA guys way back when they first started posting in fiat's thread.

To everyone who disagreed - the joke's on you, suckers!!!
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Redneck »

i dont really understand your reply at all. elaborate please.
MY SIGNATURE
L0wt3ch
Archos User
Archos User

Post by L0wt3ch »

kb
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by kb »

LOwt3ch -- you need to get over it, really you do.
cyclonezephyrxz7
Archos User
Archos User

Post by cyclonezephyrxz7 »

kb wrote:
LOwt3ch -- you need to get over it, really you do.

Get over what? I'm sorry, but I still hold my view as I posted in my [multiple] posts, and if LOwt3ch wants to agree, let it be. I think that there really is a problem here. I don't believe a person, who is sane and capable (as I hope all the hackers are), can have such little care for morals or ethics. Has this world really gone to the $h!t-hole (Has the $h!t hit the fan?)? Pulling out this idea of a release, then never releasing it, THEN saying that they wont help out (atleast Grond) shows a total lack of morals AND ethics. If you are going to come up with something, and put in the time to develop it, and if you decide to abandon it, dont hold it to yourself, release it.

And as for what you said in an earlier post KB, that you have Source, but we wouldn't understand it because of how rapidly it was put together... well, enlighten us. I know you dont have loads of time, and i doubt you spend your free time on this forum, but make an effort. I think that everyone with a 605 who has actively checked out this forum has been horribly fooled and decieved! It seems that NOBODY but those who have been affected wants to keep this project alive. So i say fine..pull the plug, let it die, do whatever you want, and then you can realize what it is to make a decision going against ethics, and if you don't feel bad at all for doing this to the users, then I'm sorry, but you are soul-less
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Redneck »

yes, this world has gone to the dumps, look at what we have for a president. its not the kids like me who have done it but the older generation. :cry:

<rant>

if you want a release work at it for your self. you cant expect everyone else to serve you. if i was better in linux if be hacking the archos but between work, work, work, and my personal life i have little free time. probably the same as most hackers here.

what ethnics are you talking about?

why do you want this for the 605 only? why not for the X04 gen series too? what about the X06 series? do you want these people tp be able to hack their archoses or do you just want everything catered towards what you want?

</rant>
MY SIGNATURE
kb
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by kb »

cyclonezephyrxz7 wrote:It seems that NOBODY but those who have been affected wants to keep this project alive. So i say fine..pull the plug, let it die, do whatever you want, and then you can realize what it is to make a decision going against ethics, and if you don't feel bad at all for doing this to the users, then I'm sorry, but you are soul-less
I rarely read such unmitigated, absurd drivel as this. I would be offended if it wasn't so laughable.

I have done many things in my life that are ethically questionable, and quite a few of which I am deeply ashamed. But putting my family and work ahead of footling and insignificant hacking projects is not one of them. Oh, if only my conscience were so clear that this were all I had to worry about on Judgement Day :/

Sigh. One last try for the hard-of-thinking.

What I have is a set of patches to Qtopia and Qt/E which make them work properly (well, more properly) on the 605. I also have some patches for konqueror and a couple of other popular Qtopia apps. Being able to build Qtopia and Qt/E from source is a _prerequisite_ to using anything I have. Until you can do that, then _nothing_ I have will be of any value at all. I've already offered to help people set up build environments -- some people have tried, with varying degrees of success. Short of actually doing it for people, I don't know what more I can do. I certainly don't have time to run tutorials.

I don't know what else I can say. Of yes: go fuck yourself.
CheBuzz
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by CheBuzz »

kb wrote:I don't know what else I can say. Of yes: go fuck yourself.
Hahaha, I think you said it all man.
cyclonezephyrxz7
Archos User
Archos User

I have done many things in my life that are ethically questionable, and quite a few of which I am deeply ashamed. But putting my family and work ahead of footling and insignificant hacking projects is not one of them. Oh, if only my conscience were so clear that this were all I had to worry about on Judgement Day :/
I am not saying, nor will I EVER say, that family comes before electronics. Putting a machine before a human is showing that a person has a problem. I am just saying that from where I am sitting, it seems that the entire scene has died...
So i say fine..pull the plug, let it die, do whatever you want, and then you can realize what it is to make a decision going against ethics, and if you don't feel bad at all for doing this to the users, then I'm sorry, but you are soul-less
what ethnics are you talking about?

As far as what i said about Ethics, i'm talking about common sense, beliefs, instinctual actions. I really don't believe that any sane person can actually defy their own ethics, because they are as close to them as instinct is....To create a project, work on it, show proof-of-concepts, and then forget it, then let it die is unethical. Although i mentioned that electronics and humans schouldnt compare, the only good relation i can think of is that doing this is like having a child, raising it till its eighteen, then pushing it out the door, YOU JUST DONT DO THAT [anymore]...If it is out-the-door for them, then you have to give them some support, some sort of basis that is easily accesible for them...
why do you want this for the 605 only? why not for the X04 gen series too? what about the X06 series? do you want these people tp be able to hack their archoses or do you just want everything catered towards what you want?
ya know what...sorry, i have a 605, and yes I really want something to happen for the 605 (and dont for a minute think that i am not studying up myself to be able to do something), and yes i forgot to mention other models. I want hacks available for all archos products. I am not selfish! and i do not expect everything to be my way...i am just one person on this forum, and of that I am not even one of the most important, hell i am barely significant on this forum, so i do not expect everything to happen for me... so leave that one alone because i want a hack to be available for every archos product owner who desires a hack, i just am seeing this 605/604 hack as a great starting point, or maybe it can be something else, i don't know...i wish best for all!
I don't get it...i haven't cursed at you, and albeit true that i have pressed insults and 'charges' on the hackers I don't see the need for vulgarity....sure in my posts i will use words like $h!t, but i mask them up. i don't feel that there is any productive reason for there to be the tossing around of vulgar words. I am not going to go and throw back a curse word, because that would only show that i have nothing productive to say, meaning that I am beat, because i can't defend myself....thats the way I see it....

Oh and by the way, you can say everything you want to me, you can insult my every ounce of being, but i'm telling you, my skin is hard as steel, i have gone through a lot of stuff, and it just doesn't hit or hurt me anymore...
kb
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by kb »

cyclonezephyrxz7 wrote: I don't get it...i haven't cursed at you, and albeit true that i have pressed insults and 'charges' on the hackers I don't see the need for vulgarity....sure in my posts i will use words like $h!t, but i mask them up. i don't feel that there is any productive reason for there to be the tossing around of vulgar words.
You accused me of unethical behaviour, without the least rational justification, knowing nothing about me or my circumstances. If that doesn't merit a vulgarity, then quite frankly I don't know what does. Your idea of what constitutes unethical behaviour is so far beyond ridiculous that it beggars belief.
L0wt3ch
Archos User
Archos User

Post by L0wt3ch »

Oh that's right kb. Lying to people isn't unethical. Deliberately deceiving numerous people into thinking you're part of a group hacking the Archos, while knowing that you would never release any hack (wouldn't want to hurt poor Archos), that's good! Families!

You and the rest of "OpenPMA" should be tarred and feathered, and dragged through the streets.
Redneck
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Redneck »

kb wrote:
:lol: =D> :lol: =D> :lol: =D> :lol: =D> :lol: =D> :lol: =D> :lol:

how does anyone here know the morals and personal ethics of anyone else here? those kind of things are usually kinda hard to define on the interwebs.
MY SIGNATURE
kb
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by kb »

L0wt3ch wrote:Oh that's right kb. Lying to people isn't unethical. Deliberately deceiving numerous people into thinking you're part of a group hacking the Archos, while knowing that you would never release any hack (wouldn't want to hurt poor Archos), that's good! Families!

You and the rest of "OpenPMA" should be tarred and feathered, and dragged through the streets.
You know, I really can't understand why you are foaming at the mouth in such an undignified way. It's just a bloody gadget, for Heaven's sake. Who cares? Why do you have such a bee up your arse about it? Does it really matter?

I just wish I had so little to do that I could get worked up to such a frothing frenzy over something so insignificant. As it happens, I'm too busy worrying about the herpes I caught from your sister and the siph from your mother.
cyclonezephyrxz7
Archos User
Archos User

I just wish I had so little to do that I could get worked up to such a frothing frenzy over something so insignificant. As it happens, I'm too busy worrying about the herpes I caught from your sister and the siph from your mother.

Are you kidding me...! Do you have no good reason to back up your views that you have to resort to cursing LOwt3ch and me off, and toss out horribly personal insults as well?!?!?! Are you really that low?
how does anyone here know the morals and personal ethics of anyone else here? those kind of things are usually kinda hard to define on the interwebs.
All people have a set of internal instincts, and i believe that those include the very basic ethics of humanity, and everyone has the same ones, plus their own individual ones obtained from religion, family, and culture.
You accused me of unethical behaviour, without the least rational justification, knowing nothing about me or my circumstances. If that doesn't merit a vulgarity, then quite frankly I don't know what does. Your idea of what constitutes unethical behaviour is so far beyond ridiculous that it beggars belief.
NO JUSTIFICATION?? I'm telling you that you are being horribly unethical and immoral! I understand that you have a family, but if you aren't going to put in the time to release something that has been started, then don't bother releasing 'teasers' and proof-of-concepts! That goes to all the hackers. Seriously, i don't believe it is humanly possible to defy instinctual ethics like that unless you are insane!
thethirdmoose
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by thethirdmoose »

Don't feed the trolls...

Return to “Open Development”