Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Archos Tablet for Gaming! RK3066
Post Reply
ThePeteCrazy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 am

Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by ThePeteCrazy »

Hello,

Oma is working on a Custom Rom for this Device by my Request,

we allready got a semi-working Version that is bootable with working CWM, but the SystemUi keeps crashing
its a modified OMNIROM 4.4 Build

I keep you updated
8bit_drummer
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by 8bit_drummer »

ThePeteCrazy wrote:Hello,

Oma is working on a Custom Rom for this Device by my Request,

we allready got a semi-working Version that is bootable with working CWM, but the SystemUi keeps crashing
its a modified OMNIROM 4.4 Build

I keep you updated


Do you have a working Root process and CWM or TWRP for this? Can you post the steps here?

Thanks
ThePeteCrazy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 am

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by ThePeteCrazy »

Rooting the GamePad 2 is really easy.. just put it in USB Debugging, install ADB Drivers... the default drivers from the Android SDK should work just fine.. then run http://www.kingoapp.com/index.htm .. easy :-)
8bit_drummer
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by 8bit_drummer »

ThePeteCrazy wrote:Rooting the GamePad 2 is really easy.. just put it in USB Debugging, install ADB Drivers... the default drivers from the Android SDK should work just fine.. then run http://www.kingoapp.com/index.htm .. easy :-)


How about CWM or TWRP though? I just want to make a Nandroid backup cause the stock Rom is completely unreliable..
ThePeteCrazy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 am

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by ThePeteCrazy »

I think its one of the best rk3188 firmwares but your experience may differ^^

The Software is only a few days into development and i dont want you to brick something important.. i reply when there is a more tested and stable release :-)
8bit_drummer
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by 8bit_drummer »

ThePeteCrazy wrote:I think its one of the best rk3188 firmwares but your experience may differ^^

The Software is only a few days into development and i dont want you to brick something important.. i reply when there is a more tested and stable release :-)


Is there a tool that you can flash CWM or TWRP into the Gamepad 2?
ThePeteCrazy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 am

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by ThePeteCrazy »

you can try to use http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2102679
but i have not tryed it myself so its your own risk...
8bit_drummer
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by 8bit_drummer »

ThePeteCrazy wrote:you can try to use http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2102679
but i have not tryed it myself so its your own risk...


Generic?

http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3188/
8bit_drummer
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by 8bit_drummer »

ThePeteCrazy wrote:you can try to use http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2102679
but i have not tryed it myself so its your own risk...


Didn't work. Can you try and make one or should I make a new request on this forum?
Jonny993
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by Jonny993 »

ThePeteCrazy wrote:Hello,

Oma is working on a Custom Rom for this Device by my Request,

we allready got a semi-working Version that is bootable with working CWM, but the SystemUi keeps crashing
its a modified OMNIROM 4.4 Build

I keep you updated


Hi,
I'm new at Archos Gamepad 2 but I found it a little bit slow running Jelly Bean..
I have already rooted it and have SuperSU fully working;

I was wondering if there was some news about a custom rom based on kitkat 4.4.4.

The only post that's talking about it's this, but I didn't see any answer in a while, that's why I'm asking.

Please, any answer would be very appreciated
Jonny993
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by Jonny993 »

Anybody?

Please...
Lusorum
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by Lusorum »

Root admin ?
talos91
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:36 am

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Post by talos91 »

ThePeteCrazy wrote:Hello,

Oma is working on a Custom Rom for this Device by my Request,

we allready got a semi-working Version that is bootable with working CWM, but the SystemUi keeps crashing
its a modified OMNIROM 4.4 Build

I keep you updated

Any news on that custom rom?
Post Reply

Return to “Gamepad”