Page 1 of 1

Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:21 am
by ThePeteCrazy
Hello,

Oma is working on a Custom Rom for this Device by my Request,

we allready got a semi-working Version that is bootable with working CWM, but the SystemUi keeps crashing
its a modified OMNIROM 4.4 Build

I keep you updated

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:49 am
by 8bit_drummer
ThePeteCrazy wrote:Hello,

Oma is working on a Custom Rom for this Device by my Request,

we allready got a semi-working Version that is bootable with working CWM, but the SystemUi keeps crashing
its a modified OMNIROM 4.4 Build

I keep you updated
Do you have a working Root process and CWM or TWRP for this? Can you post the steps here?

Thanks

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:00 am
by ThePeteCrazy
Rooting the GamePad 2 is really easy.. just put it in USB Debugging, install ADB Drivers... the default drivers from the Android SDK should work just fine.. then run http://www.kingoapp.com/index.htm .. easy :-)

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:03 am
by 8bit_drummer
ThePeteCrazy wrote:Rooting the GamePad 2 is really easy.. just put it in USB Debugging, install ADB Drivers... the default drivers from the Android SDK should work just fine.. then run http://www.kingoapp.com/index.htm .. easy :-)
How about CWM or TWRP though? I just want to make a Nandroid backup cause the stock Rom is completely unreliable..

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:14 am
by ThePeteCrazy
I think its one of the best rk3188 firmwares but your experience may differ^^

The Software is only a few days into development and i dont want you to brick something important.. i reply when there is a more tested and stable release :-)

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:18 am
by 8bit_drummer
ThePeteCrazy wrote:I think its one of the best rk3188 firmwares but your experience may differ^^

The Software is only a few days into development and i dont want you to brick something important.. i reply when there is a more tested and stable release :-)
Is there a tool that you can flash CWM or TWRP into the Gamepad 2?

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:50 am
by ThePeteCrazy
you can try to use http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2102679
but i have not tryed it myself so its your own risk...

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:14 pm
by 8bit_drummer
ThePeteCrazy wrote:you can try to use http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2102679
but i have not tryed it myself so its your own risk...
Generic?

http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3188/

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:19 pm
by 8bit_drummer
ThePeteCrazy wrote:you can try to use http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2102679
but i have not tryed it myself so its your own risk...
Didn't work. Can you try and make one or should I make a new request on this forum?

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:02 pm
by Jonny993
ThePeteCrazy wrote:Hello,

Oma is working on a Custom Rom for this Device by my Request,

we allready got a semi-working Version that is bootable with working CWM, but the SystemUi keeps crashing
its a modified OMNIROM 4.4 Build

I keep you updated
Hi,
I'm new at Archos Gamepad 2 but I found it a little bit slow running Jelly Bean..
I have already rooted it and have SuperSU fully working;

I was wondering if there was some news about a custom rom based on kitkat 4.4.4.

The only post that's talking about it's this, but I didn't see any answer in a while, that's why I'm asking.

Please, any answer would be very appreciated

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:02 pm
by Jonny993
Anybody?

Please...

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:40 pm
by Lusorum
Root admin ?

Re: Archos Gamepad 2 Custom Rom

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:54 am
by talos91
ThePeteCrazy wrote:Hello,

Oma is working on a Custom Rom for this Device by my Request,

we allready got a semi-working Version that is bootable with working CWM, but the SystemUi keeps crashing
its a modified OMNIROM 4.4 Build

I keep you updated
Any news on that custom rom?