Can't get kindle app to work on Arnova 7 G2...

New Rockchip RK2918 ARM Cortex-A8 capacitive Android 2.3 capacitive tablets
sillyrabbit
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can't get kindle app to work on Arnova 7 G2...

Post by sillyrabbit »

Hi guys. I'm new here so hopefully someone will take pity on me and help me out!

I have an Arnova 7 G2 tablet, on which I have successfully sideloaded the android market, gmail etc, and was in the process of trying to get the kindle app to work. After much googling I have managed to get FBReader to work, however have had no such luck with kindle. I have been moving the book files around into various different folders on the tablet but the kindle app just doesn't "see" them.

The other strange thing is that I have downloaded a couple of free books from amazon just to see where they were stored on the tablet but I can't find anything stored anywhere!

I have tried saving books in (amongst other places) \sdcard\kindle, \sdcard\Books, \Android\data\com.amazon.kindle\files and none of these allow the kindle to see the books I have downloaded.

Does anyone have any ideas? Not yet ready to root the tablet as I don't fully understand the process yet so hopefully that isn't required.
Gamer819
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Can't get kindle app to work on Arnova 7 G2...

Post by Gamer819 »

Are you signed in to your Amazon account? All of my books are stored in the sd/kindle file and I see then fine. I am rooted but it shouldn't matter.
nuismer
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by nuismer »

Before you go to much trouble, please try to read a book on the Kindle App. I returned my Arnova 8 G2 for many reasons and one of the reasons was that I never could get the Kindle App and the Arnova to work together. The top line of each page was cut off by the Arnova. This was several months ago and I could not get a response to the problem from Arnova Customer service. My other tablets never had this problem. Just a heads-up before you go to much trouble.
Gamer819
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Gamer819 »

I am running a Finless custom Rom and Kindle runs perfect. This Rom has easily doubled the value of this tablet. Also, there are transparent task bars for your device if you root.

Return to “Arnova 10 G2, Arnova 9 G2, Arnova 8 G2, Arnova 7 G2”