Arnova 10b .Epub

New Rockchip RK2918 ARM Cortex-A8 capacitive Android 2.3 capacitive tablets
Post Reply
tech
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Arnova 10b .Epub

Post by tech »

Hi Im just after getting a new Arnova 10b for Xmas and need to set it up with some ebook

There is Aldiko installed and I downloaded some free books from this, Im after getting some .pdf ebooks and have them converted to .epub format using AVS document converter and i have copied these .epub files on the internal memory into the Ebooks folder and rebooted the device. The Aldiko still does not list these books.

Does anyone know What im doing wrong??

Thanks
jabby
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:00 am

Re: Arnova 10b .Epub

Post by jabby »

tech wrote:Hi Im just after getting a new Arnova 10b for Xmas and need to set it up with some ebook

There is Aldiko installed and I downloaded some free books from this, Im after getting some .pdf ebooks and have them converted to .epub format using AVS document converter and i have copied these .epub files on the internal memory into the Ebooks folder and rebooted the device. The Aldiko still does not list these books.

Does anyone know What im doing wrong??

Thanks

From the shelf view select the "home" icon (top left) then select sdcard. Find ebooks folder and open. Then select the book you want and select "import". The book will then be shown in self view and be ready to read.

If you have any choice, try to stay away from PDFs to read on ereaders. PDFs don't convert well to epub. PDFs are for fixed pages and EPUBs are meant to reflow and the two philosophies just don't mesh.

Regards - John
tech
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: Arnova 10b .Epub

Post by tech »

Hi thanks for the reply, So I cant copy directly on the Arnova ebooks folder? I'll try to copy on to Micro SD and import from there then

I'll let you know how I get on :)
tech
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: Arnova 10b .Epub

Post by tech »

ahh thats worked, it left me import from SD card, but they dont show up on the Book Shelf :(

Do you know where I can get some good Kids books for free 8-9 year books Thanks
jabby
Archos Novice
Archos Novice
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:00 am

Re: Arnova 10b .Epub

Post by jabby »

tech wrote:ahh thats worked, it left me import from SD card, but they dont show up on the Book Shelf :(

Aldiko keeps the books it imports in a folder called "eBooks" on the internal SD card. If you use the Aldiko file manager to find the book you want and "import" it, it will show up on the book shelf. If you use a file manager to find a book and open it up to read using Aldiko it will not put the book in "eBooks" and it will not show in the book shelf.

tech wrote:Do you know where I can get some good Kids books for free 8-9 year books Thanks

You can find the Oz and Tarzan books at:
Feedbooks
http://www.feedbooks.com/publicdomain
Gutenberg Press
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Category:Bookshelf

Google books is another good source for free books.

Regards - John
Post Reply

Return to “Arnova 10 G2, Arnova 9 G2, Arnova 8 G2, Arnova 7 G2”