Transfer files without Windows Media crap!

8" 4:3 1024x768 capacitive, OMAP4460 Dual-core, 3G-optional tablet.
quadcom
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Transfer files without Windows Media crap!

Post by quadcom »

Is there a way to bypass the Windows media player crap and transfer movies directly to the HDD. I have upgraded to ICS and when I paste files in Explorer it just sits there. Windows media player does not recognize MKV files either so how is this supposed to be done!!
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Transfer files without Windows Media crap!

Post by bhmm »

two step process: use a mddle man and the usb ports. or FTP server...if your libray is small...since it takes much longer....

See this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=62827

No need to use the C-word for your question.
Ski_K2
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Ski_K2 »

quadcom wrote:Is there a way to bypass the Windows media player crap and transfer movies directly to the HDD. I have upgraded to ICS and when I paste files in Explorer it just sits there. Windows media player does not recognize MKV files either so how is this supposed to be done!!

AirDroid from market
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bhmm »

Liveinthemoment wrote:HIP HOORAY!!!

I can transfer from my pc and do file operations from my PC directly with my Archos G9 80 250GB.

No need for a 2 step to an external hard drive.

I don't know what is important and what is not but here is my setup:
- upgraded to ICS
- use the small USB (not the 3G one)
- use my brand new HTC Phone's small to normal USB cord (white one)
(HTC Sensation XL)
- tested on XP and Vista
- don't use the OTG

Yeah this is true...ICS now let you transfer all type of media files without warning and preventing non media or windows friendly media files so this is a plus.....But is still way far different from the old MSC mode. You won't be able to get a drive letter and do synching.

But it's a step foward to transfer files like txt, MKV, ....whitouth going thru window media player trying to convert...just do copy/paste ...no more warning that files as not compatible..

OTG is not to meant to transfer files from in a slave connection. It's meant for the other way. You do not need anything extra. The regular usb cord coming with the tablet is all you need. Just put the tab into MTP and copy/paste

Return to “Archos 80 G9”