Bluetooth Heaphones while watching a movie

8" 4:3 1024x768 capacitive, OMAP4460 Dual-core, 3G-optional tablet.
Methos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Bluetooth Heaphones while watching a movie

Post by Methos »

I have the hard drive version and the headphones work while listening to music, but while watching a movie it starts to sputter and eventualy quit. If you attempt to pause or fast forward it will quit straight away. The strange thing is, if I am downloading something while watching a movie then the blutooth headphones work fine while watching a movie. I am curious if flash based users are having this problem as it apears to be somthing with the hard drive. I have used 3 sets of bluetooth headphones with no change to the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
a32quaeler
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Bluetooth Heaphones while watching a movie

Post by a32quaeler »

I have a 80G9 Turbo 1.2GHz 16GB flash and experience a related problem with bluetooth headphones and movie watching. Especially when watching something streamed over WiFi - e.g. from Samba shares or UPnP/DLNA - (but sometimes also when stored internally) most movies stutter with (any) bluetooth audio device as output but work well with cabled audio devices. Unlike your case, the simultaneous WiFi and BT operation seems to be the root cause for me since switching of WiFi lets me get rid of this stutter (even for movies which are stored locally).
mbc0
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Bluetooth Heaphones while watching a movie

Post by mbc0 »

I would like to jump on the bandwagon if I may as this is causing me a major headache as I bought this device to stream Bluetooth to my car stereo and although it is far worse (completely unwatchable) for a movie it also causes problems whilst streaming mp3s as well. If I connect an audio cable to my car stereo instead all is fine but this is not what I expect to do. I have been streaming from my Htc Desire HD via Bluetooth for some time with no issues and bought this G9 250GB Turbo for storage and easier larger screen to navigate whilst driving. I only received this today and already install the latest firmware.

Return to “Archos 80 G9”