Tuff Luv Silicone case G80 G9

8" 4:3 1024x768 capacitive, OMAP4460 Dual-core, 3G-optional tablet.
jutley
Archos User
Archos User

Tuff Luv Silicone case G80 G9

Post by jutley »

nekogami13
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: Tuff Luv Silicone case G80 G9

Post by nekogami13 »

Just received mine.
Seems I accidentally ordered the "clear" one which is actually white.
Slips on easily since it is not a really snug fit. The cutouts are in the right places allowing access to all ports and speaker is uncovered.
Pretty nice cover, not too pricey.
Nigel
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Nigel »

I also got one of these, but really dislike it. The front cut out is too big (they seem to think the black bezel needs to be exposed), the case is not a tight fit (the back is 'flappy'), and it is too easy for the tablet to shed its skin. avoid.

(Also, the case has a nasty smell. This may wear off in time, but I don't intend to find out. There is also an issue with static, and it is a dust magnet)
over's tab
Archos User
Archos User

Post by over's tab »

nekogami13 wrote:Just received mine.
Seems I accidentally ordered the "clear" one which is actually white.
Slips on easily since it is not a really snug fit. The cutouts are in the right places allowing access to all ports and speaker is uncovered.
Pretty nice cover, not too pricey.
can we get an update on your (any) opinion on this? is it comfortable to use tablet or awkward? will the tablet slip out easy?

I need to get the tri axis nice one from tuff luv but can't afford this price range yet, I already have a nice slip in envelope type case for transport but I'm always worried about a drop when using, when I do get a proper case I do know I don't want cut out for kick stand (want the flaps built in)
G9 80 16GB 1.5GHz
Taysider
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Taysider »

I bought a black PU leather case/cover from eBay, received it today with 2 screen protectors and a stylus touch-pen. £13.99 post free
Excellent item with cut-outs on the sides and for the speaker and kick stand.

here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/PC-TABLET-CASE ... 4340.l2563
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bhmm »

Hey I'm using the earler :$8 FOR GALAXY and its great. I had to bend and remove the bottom two holders and included a few Velcro for security and sound escape
over's tab
Archos User
Archos User

Post by over's tab »

bhmm wrote:Hey I'm using the earler :$8 FOR GALAXY and its great. I had to bend and remove the bottom two holders and included a few Velcro for security and sound escape
are you talking about the tuff luv silicone one but for your ss galaxy? thanks
G9 80 16GB 1.5GHz
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bhmm »

Sorry, was not clear enough..posting over from a tablet. Well I tried this silicone gel one on my hdd G9 80. I did not have the problem with the slipping off since hdd versions are a little thicker. But of course there was no hole for the power port and the speaker location was not the same as the flash...and I did not find it useful for $20.
Instead I went with the Galaxy Case below: Just had to bend until they were loosen and use scissors to cut the bottom holders. But then I have a reinforced the hold on the case with a few velcro to make sure it's secure. Velcro is though but gives you the ability to detach the tablet if needed and use it out of the case with the built in stand. But since the case has builtin stand I prefer to spare the one tablet stand since I think they have been proven to not be very solid.
Also the velcro kind of insulate the speaker a little making the sound to come out very decently if not not louder through the space underneath.
Here's the link to the case with pictures: even if not shown in the picture this case can also be used laying position making the tablet stand not in much vertical but as if laying on your lap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006IZ ... 00_details

I've used two extra velcro coins like on the case and on tablet to to make sure the tablet stick in closed state.

http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Sticky-Inc ... -3-catcorr

Of course for me this was a cheap very good solution until proper HDD case is released.
normanmc
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by normanmc »

Taysider wrote:I bought a black PU leather case/cover from eBay, received it today with 2 screen protectors and a stylus touch-pen. £13.99 post free

Do you have the HDD or Flash model? I have the HDD so hoping this item is ok for that?
Taysider
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Taysider »

normanmc wrote:
Taysider wrote:I bought a black PU leather case/cover from eBay, received it today with 2 screen protectors and a stylus touch-pen. £13.99 post free

Do you have the HDD or Flash model? I have the HDD so hoping this item is ok for that?
It supports the HDD model. I have the 16GB Flash model.
normanmc
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by normanmc »

Taysider wrote:
normanmc wrote:

It supports the HDD model. I have the 16GB Flash model.
I messaged the seller who said the HDD model wasn't supported. Might keep on looking for one that is guaranteed suitable for my Tablet.

Return to “Archos 80 G9”