What's your opinion about this tablet?Better than Archos G9?

8" 4:3 1024x768 capacitive, OMAP4460 Dual-core, 3G-optional tablet.
Spilby
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

What's your opinion about this tablet?Better than Archos G9?

Post by Spilby »

Is the Viewsonic Viewpad 7x. If these specifications are ok, is 3G (but I'm not sure) and costs a little less than Archos G9 80 Turbo with 3G stick, but with 1GB of RAM and less weigth. I don't know but... Is a better option? What's your opinion? You know an important difference between these two tablets?

Here are the specifications...

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2 ... wpad_7x_3g
KNight
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: What's your opinion about this tablet?Better than Archos

Post by KNight »

Spilby wrote:Is the Viewsonic Viewpad 7x. If these specifications are ok, is 3G (but I'm not sure) and costs a little less than Archos G9 80 Turbo with 3G stick, but with 1GB of RAM and less weigth. I don't know but... Is a better option? What's your opinion? You know an important difference between these two tablets?

Here are the specifications...

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2 ... wpad_7x_3g
Well looks like a good enough device, but for me there are a few reasons why I┬┤ll be waiting for the 1.5GHz G9 80:

OMAP 4460 versus tegra 2
1.5GHz versus 1GHz
"Native" video player in Archos
4:3 format versus 16:9(10)
optional 3G

Regarding RAM I┬┤m not sure if 1GB is really needed...
Build quality wise (screen swirls) I can just hope that Archos gets that sorted.
And hopefully by the time the 1.5GHz version comes out we┬┤ll know something about Archos and the use of ICS.

But for sure, looks like a nice device, and maybe it is what you are looking for, but it┬┤s not what I┬┤m looking for.
butterflygirl
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by butterflygirl »

This tablet won't support video as well as the Archos and it has a TFT screen. Gen 8 has TFT screens and the viewing angles are nothing to brag about. The MVA screen of Gen 9 seems much better to me.
Spilby
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Spilby »

Thanks for your opinions. I will use the table for internet navigation, view films, and use the gps, when I'm in the train to go home from my work, or in a ocasional travel. Because of this, I want a 3G option.

These two tables have a similar price, and I prefer the archos G9, but... I'm impatient :). Had been a lot of delays with the 80 turbo version. I hope they begin to sell this version at end of this month, but if delays the date one month more... buf, I'm not sure. Viewsonic is a option to consider, worse visibility but have a low weight and more RAM, and I think is 3G too. But I don't know if the downloads and updates policy of this company are quite good, like Archos. Well, really, is the only tablet that I have found with 3G, Honeycomb, and similar price and specifications, to consider like an alternative to Archos G9 80 1.2Ghz Turbo.
Luciferhawke
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Luciferhawke »

When i broke my Archos 70, i got a Viewsonic Gtab. Never again....never again.
butterflygirl
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by butterflygirl »

If you want 3g, have you thought about getting a wifi hotspot? You can have up to 5 devices using it at the same time and if you want to get a different tablet later you don't have to worry about contract. Of course, this is my experience in the US.

Return to “Archos 80 G9”