Touchscreen freeze

10.1" 1280x800 wide-view capacitive, OMAP4460 Dual-core, 3G-optional tablet.
Wooderson
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Touchscreen freeze

Post by Wooderson »

Ever since I've updated to the latest firmware, 4.0.26, I've experienced a problem where the touchscreen will become unresponsive once the battery level has gone below 50%. Has anyone else experienced this problem, I've been searching online for similar issues an I haven't come across anything helpful?
rst
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Touchscreen freeze

Post by rst »

Wooderson wrote:Ever since I've updated to the latest firmware, 4.0.26, I've experienced a problem where the touchscreen will become unresponsive once the battery level has gone below 50%. Has anyone else experienced this problem, I've been searching online for similar issues an I haven't come across anything helpful?

I've experienced the same problem with my second G9 (on the first the LCD back-light failed after one week). Archos support responded to me that this is a problem with the power management chip (this G9 was also very hot in the area the power plug connects when accessing the harddisk for a while). On the replacement, I had no problems even when just about 10% charged with the touchscreen.

However, on all 3 G9 I had (on various firmware versions), when I plug in the USB OTG cable (to connect external devices like USB sticks, mouse, ...) - but not when plugging in the USB cable to connect to the PC in the same connector! - the touchscreens produced phantom moves and clicks (e.g. when copying files with the file manager, regularly cancel is pressed and I have to undo that).

Return to “Archos 101 G9”