Tuff - Luv Leather Tri - Axis review (case)

10.1" 1280x800 wide-view capacitive, OMAP4460 Dual-core, 3G-optional tablet.
roylovelock

Tuff - Luv Leather Tri - Axis review (case)

Post by roylovelock »

Hi Guys
There havent been any real reviews for cases so i thought i would knock up a quick one.
I hunted about for a deacent case and settled on the Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis for a couple of reasons.
I was originally looking at the noreve case, but i was shocked that they didnt include a stand on the case, i feel that the added weight of the machine would easily topple the machine and or break the leg over time.
The tuff-luv seemed to over come this.
Over the years ive used tuff-luv and the last case i used on my archos 605 left me somewhat disheartend with the brand, i felt the quality of the case was poor at best and over time it warped and covered the screen (fake leather product).
BUT im pleased to say the 101 case is a million times better, the case is sturdy, made from real leather (unless you purchase the veggie model) and most of all its highly usuable!!!.
I only have one issue with the case and that is it has open corners, but the flap extends out so it should still protect the machine in the event of any misshaps (final last words lol).

The case has a unique idea that has impressed me - the way it can be stood.
You can have it in either direction - the flap cover has two foldable corners (they fold in so wont open unless the case is open) so you can stand it on either end, or if your watching a movie you can put it in the normal landscape postion. Even this is adjustable, the flap on the back has 5 pop clips that allow you to adjust the angle with ease.

Another cool feature is the micro sd slots, you can carry 3 spares on the case, this makes this machine a good media player and if you get a few 32gb sd cards it will keep you entertained for hours, who needs hard drives now?

All the ports are accessable whilst in the case, openings are in the correct place, and even the speaker on the back has been thought throught, there is a cut out there with a metal gause to protect it.

Something else that tuff-luv has thought of which is a simple addition but very welcome is they have added another piect of leaver with velcro on the open part of the case, we all know that as cases get older they become lose so if you accidently turn your machine over with the case open it could easily fall out, with this little flap the machine is locked into postion no matter which way you hold it.

Over all i would give this case a 9 out of ten, one mark dropped for open corners and high price. an excellent case thats is crafted very nicely - this also shows in the price...

ive added some pics below

COYI
syscheck
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Tuff - Luv Leather Tri - Axis review (case)

Post by syscheck »

I have this case for almost 2 weeks now and I couldn't have written an clearer or better review.

So there's no more to say than; I totally agree with the review. Me too am very happy with this case!
Archos 101 G9 Turbo 16GB 1,2GHz
bkromhout
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bkromhout »

This only makes me want even more for them to put out a triaxis case for Tue 80 G9. Someone from Tuff-luv told be there would be one either this month or next, hopefully that's true!
roylovelock

Post by roylovelock »

bkromhout wrote:This only makes me want even more for them to put out a triaxis case for Tue 80 G9. Someone from Tuff-luv told be there would be one either this month or next, hopefully that's true!
i will email them for ya - thanks guys, the case is very impressive, infact its probally the best made case ive used to date..
roy
COYI
over's tab
Archos User
Archos User

Post by over's tab »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tuff-Luv-Bi-Axi ... ries&hash= item5891cd

Am I missing something, other then missing one axis & real cow, what is difference? Thought this did the same as tri only it looks like velcro rather than snaps and faux leather
What is 'tue 80 G9' ? The one I linked has been available for a while and is on my wish list
G9 80 16GB 1.5GHz

Return to “Archos 101 G9”