GTA 3

10.1" 1280x800 wide-view capacitive, OMAP4460 Dual-core, 3G-optional tablet.
roylovelock

GTA 3

Post by roylovelock »

Just A big heads up, GTA 3 works on the 101 g9 (1.5 turbo).
It wont show on the market but if you have a copy already on a rooted phone then you can back it up using titanium back up and side load it on to the archos. it need around 500mb of data when installed.
ive set mine running at full res, all shadows etc and it runs flawlessly!!
roy

edit, ive just emailed the dev so hopefully it will soon be active on the market especially for us who have already payed for it.
COYI
Stelph
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: GTA 3

Post by Stelph »

Nice to know, out of curiosity why wasnt it showing in the Market? Is it another Nvidea Tegra exclusive?
dimebagdrl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dimebagdrl »

The Android Store only lets some apps load to some devices. It's google's way of making sure people don't buy apps they can't run properly on thier device. problem is they don't actually test every app on every device, is they basically disallow people from testing it for them to see if it works. I had this problem with my Archos 70 250gb. I'd try to download the app, and the store wouldn't let me because it wasn't "compatable". I was able to get the app file for a few apps directly from the developers and install them manually and they worked just fine. It's just Google protecting themselves from "You sold me an app I can't use" lawsuits. If your Android device isn't authorized for an app, the app simply won't appear in an app store search.
Falfa
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Falfa »

I found it in the market okay. It didn't appear in my list of apps as I has previously bought it for use on another tablet. However, I searched and it appeared.
roylovelock

Post by roylovelock »

Falfa wrote:I found it in the market okay. It didn't appear in my list of apps as I has previously bought it for use on another tablet. However, I searched and it appeared.

i agree, i contacted the dev a while ago so maybe he has taken notice, the game is fantastic on the device!!!!
roy
COYI
over's tab
Archos User
Archos User

Post by over's tab »

Believe it or not., I've never played Grand Theft Auto (any version) I have always wanted to but never had anything good to play on.

I just looked in market and can not find GTA 3 or any GTA version, how do I find it? Any recommendations on other free or pay games for car guys on the 80 G9?

Thanks.
G9 80 16GB 1.5GHz
Caph
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Caph »

I downloaded GTA3 on my 101 g9 (1.5 turbo) HDD yesterday and it downloaded all the game data OK but when I start it, it loads for about 10 seconds then goes back to the home screen. Is there a trick to get it to run?
avel
Archos User
Archos User

Post by avel »

GTA3 is on sale for 1$ this weekend:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kstar.gta3

So what's the verdict? Works fine on all Gen9's ?

Return to “Archos 101 G9”