Official 4.0.26 released - report bugs

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
endgame
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Official 4.0.26 released - report bugs

Post by endgame »

The missing art in shuffle mode (regular or party) is quite annoying.

The way to reproduce, choose any album and start playing one of the songs there. skip tracks and see that the art is displayed correctly. Turn shuffle on, and skip tracks, the art disappears. Return to non shuffle mode and the album art re-appears.

The strange thing is that when I control my Archos with my Samsung Galaxy S2 using the Archos remote app, the cover art is displayed correctly even when while not being on the device itself.

Can someone confirm that album art worked correctly in shuffle mode in 4.0.7 and no longer works in 4.0.25?
Thanks
80 G9 250Gb rooted stock 4.0.7
johnjazz
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by johnjazz »

viking wrote:
paganino wrote:
HaCo wrote:I tried to install, got an error after download that it was not for my device.

I'm on the 4.0.24 right now.

Same for me at the first attempt. Try to re-downloading it.
Same at second attempt!
alpenn
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by alpenn »

I am now running 4.0.26 on my 101 G9 Turbo 16gb but since 4.0.24 the screen sleep setting can only be set to 5minutes but it never waits that long and shuts off the screen only after about 5 seconds which is very annoying when you are trying to read an email on the stock email app or when reading a web page and having to keep touching the screen to keep it awake. :(

Archos in your next software release could you return the other screen sleep settings of 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes please and make sure the device actually waits for this time before it turns the screen off.

Also after 2 or 3 hours of no use the 3g stick is still lost and you have to reboot the device for it to be detected. :(
viking

Post by viking »

alpenn wrote:I am now running 4.0.26 on my 101 G9 Turbo 16gb but since 4.0.24 the screen sleep setting can only be set to 5minutes but it never waits that
I have the same tablet model and same firmware, and it allows 7 time settings before sleep and follows them. I use 10 minutes, and as an unrelated aside, i have it set to go into deep sleep rather than regular which saves battery.

The only strange thing is i have had my tablet go to sleep every 10 min into a movie which was playing from a web page. I didnt see that in the past, but maybe it was some strange web page or browser that didnt let the tablet know it was active.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115
reinhoen
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by reinhoen »

Hi,

Since i Have Android 4., and now the latest firmware 4.0.26, I never had GPS working on my Archos 80 G9 Classic.
I was hoping that Archos wil make a update to solve the GPS problem and that GPS is working again.
Under Android 3. it was working not good but it was working.

So i hope that the next update is for the GPS.

That is the only thing that not works on my tablet and i need sometime, when a was not at home, the GPS.

So Archos pls make a update for the GPS.

It is a good working tablet.
:)
Thanks.
Rein Hoen.
techieq
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by techieq »

I am havng two major problems with latest firmware on 80 g9 turbo First, the android volume bar will pop up when playing a video in the netflix app and it also pops up too when starting up the netflix app very annoying. Second, the screen will suddenly slowly start to dim when playing any videos in any app. Has anyone had these problems in your 80 g9 tablet with this firmware? I should have stayed 4.0.7 firmware since it was a very stable release for me without these problems.
mls
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by mls »

There is something still messed up with the graphics drivers for overlays or layers. While most things do work, along with the volume bar popping up in the Netflix app, here are a couple games for you to check out as examples of the problems:

SHADOWGUN -- Mostly OK, but the robotic gunner(s) show up as blank pink (sometimes blank white) areas.

MAX PAYNE -- The on-screen touch controls do not show up at all. And, of course, since there are no controls there at all, the Xbox USB controller does not work at all with this game now.

Another smaller problem is that the up/down arrow notifications and the amount transferred do not show up WHILE a Bluetooth file transfer is in progress. So, there is no way of even knowing if the transfer is actually even going on... at least not until it is completed, then a notification does finally display.

All of the above did work correctly in the older Archos 4.0.7 firmware.
Last edited by mls on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archos 101 G9 8G classic (512M RAM)
mls
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by mls »

Just as a side note...

Although it is not listed in the changelog, they did change the code for the right trigger button of the Xbox 360 USB controller back to what it was in 4.0.7. I think somebody just messed up the numbers 8 and 6 somehow, but then again I'm really not sure just which way Google is heading with future changes.

Some of the other button changes I do like though. The Start button now works (used the X button before) and the Back button now does back out of some things. I don't remember those 2 buttons actually ever doing anything before.
Archos 101 G9 8G classic (512M RAM)
IByte
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by IByte »

IByte wrote:Since installing 4.0.26, I often notice a lot of lag and App Not Responding messages. It feels like this wasn't the case back when I was on .25.
I suspect Media Center (the stock Archos media app) of causing this problem. When the system gets sluggish, MC tends to show up high in the process list of Quick System Info Pro, and killing MC makes the system a lot more responsive. Is anyone else seeing this?

(Unfortunately, MC restarts by itself, for the media scanning functionality, and apparently I can't turn that off.)
Using Archos 80 G9 (1GHz 8GB)
zandoli
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by zandoli »

My YouTube problem persists on my home network only.
Then it must be compatibility issue with my Archos and router?

I have realised that I can force the app to start buffering if I turn off wifi on my Tablet and then turn on while YouTube is trying to load video. It starts buffering at the time of reconnecting.

Likewise I get the same result if I change a setting on the router, when the Tablet reconnects to router the video starts to buffer.

Here is a Logcat
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hlgbmw0qsqct ... s161ms.zip

My router is a Medialink MWN-WAPR150N.
I have the Archos G9 101 1.5GHz 1GB, 8GB .

ps. My other devices work without a problem.
I really hope Bragon can assist
8+32GB A101S-V5(T1) OMAP4460 ES1.1
ylavi
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by ylavi »

In 4.0.26 I still have the same power problem as I had with 4.0.25.
I leave it sleeping when I go to work in the morning and in the evening when I come home I find it shut down. It came back on with 40% battery so it doesn't seem like it shut down because the battery was low.
Other than that things are somewhat better.
hars73
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hars73 »

IByte wrote:Since installing 4.0.26, I often notice a lot of lag and App Not Responding messages. It feels like this wasn't the case back when I was on .25.
The same here on my G9. It seems that every 10 seconds or so there is a lag of a few seconds.
Can't really browse on the internet, because of this. Really irritating. :(
Never seen it before and i've used .24 and .25 firmwares.
mmnich
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mmnich »

tabber wrote:Does anyone know how the firmware for the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 compares with the Archos firmware for Gen 9 tablets?

Does the firmware for the Nexus tabs exhibit as many problems as the Archos FW?
Why would you post that in a thread about 4.0.26 bugs? Please, let's try to keep this on topic!

Regards
Michael
80 G9 1.5 Ghz Turbo 8GB ICS 4.0.28
tabber
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by tabber »

Mmmich,

UR right, I should have posted my nexus 7/Archos firmware performance comparison question in the general comments thread.
Roldorf
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Roldorf »

A 80G9 Turbo 16Gb Just updated from Honeycombe. Reverted after dismal failure of first release of ICS.
Upgrade went without a hitch. GPS working fine indoors 9 in view 5 in use accuracy 10 feet got lock in less than 30 seconds. Will try the rest of my considerable apps in the next few days and post an update. :)
AfAX
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by AfAX »

CANNOT see the screen of the Archos 80G9 16 on television anymore :-(. (via mini-HDMI on Archos to HDMI on TV)
viking

Post by viking »

mmnich wrote: Why would you post that in a thread about 4.0.26 bugs? Please, let's try to keep this on topic!
I split off the 2 posts that belonged in another topic according to:
viking wrote: OK, now that i have made this topic sticky and added the bug reference, let's keep the focus here on actual experiences or questions on this release. Groundless speculations or venting belongs in a seperate topic.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115
Roldorf
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Roldorf »

Ok worked with tablet all weekend. Only one problem to report.

Have screen set to stay awake while charging in "Developer options", screen set to sleep after 2mins inactivity.
Screen dims after 2 mins suggesting screen has gone into sleep mode but without turning off. Touching the screen brings back full brightness.
Applications which prevent the tablet from entering sleep mode work fine (Navigator Beta, GPS Test).

YouTube works fine.
Tablet connects to PC no problems.
No Lag as far as I can tell.
Sleep function works as expected. From 15sec to 30min.
No problems with battery performance.
GPS superb. Less than 10 secs 9 sats in view. Lock in 30 secs 4 in use. (Indoors). Without WiFi connection. After 1 min 7 in use accuracy 14 feet (4 Meters).
Dolphin Browser has never worked for me always crashes, (I have the latest version with flash support which doesn't work).
Stock Browser works fine, (download adobe flash player from Adobe Flashplayer archive for Android 4.0 http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ns.%20html)

I don't use tablet to view movies other than those streamed over the internet. Will test later with my own movies from my camera, (AVCHD full HD).

Hope that helps others wondering if they should update.
a32quaeler
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by a32quaeler »

AfAX wrote:CANNOT see the screen of the Archos 80G9 16 on television anymore :-(. (via mini-HDMI on Archos to HDMI on TV)
Could you be a bit more precise? What kind of TV are you using (brand, resolution), with which of the previous firmware versions did it work?

For my A80G9 + 4.0.26 , HDMI works fine for different types of displays (2 Samsung Full-HD TVs, DELL LCD monitor, Acer projector, HTP projector, LG TV,...). I use HDMI a lot. It does however work less reliable for a specific LCD monitor for which it worked much better in 4.0.7 (wrong resolution selected). 4.0.24/25 had serious troubles with several of these devices but with 4.0.26 that was more or less fixed...
IByte
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by IByte »

IByte wrote:
I suspect Media Center (the stock Archos media app) of causing this problem. When the system gets sluggish, MC tends to show up high in the process list of Quick System Info Pro, and killing MC makes the system a lot more responsive. Is anyone else seeing this?

(Unfortunately, MC restarts by itself, for the media scanning functionality, and apparently I can't turn that off.)
Is there a way to 'disable' an app, short of uninstalling it? Media Center keeps coming back whenever I unlock my tablet, making it hardly responsive until I kill the process :(.
Using Archos 80 G9 (1GHz 8GB)

Return to “General G9 discussions”