ICS test firmware tackling Wi-Fi and HDMI issues

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
kcecpl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: ICS test firmware tackling Wi-Fi and HDMI issues

Post by kcecpl »

Worked brilliantly. Wifi issue solved. Tablet is now very fast and wifi stable
quasd
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by quasd »

Got my g9 101 16gb ICS yesterday. Tried this and the orgnial release no luck wiht the hdmi-output. When I plug the hdmi nothing happens also treid booting tablet witht the cable plugged in. Used this mini-hdmi -> hdmi http://www.dealextreme.com/p/gold-plate ... ngth-51211 :(
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB ICS 16GB
vincentch
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by vincentch »

Did not solve my wifi problem. Formatted the device before upgrading the firmware. Tried to watch a 45 min youtube video. Good for several minutes and then stucked. Turned wifi off and on and it went a couple more minutes. It didn't help at all after a few times. Then I have to reboot the tablet. The first time rebooted, the device kept trying to connect but not successful. Then I reboot again and wifi connected right away. Then the same behavior keeps repeating. I ended up went back to my laptop to finish the video.
ViktorN
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by ViktorN »

bragon wrote:Please check the following firmware and report in this thread if it solves your Wi-Fi or HDMI issues.

http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_4. ... os_it4.aos

There might be still some audio out problems with HDMI with OMAP4430 ES2.2 based platforms (check in settings->about tablet->OMAP version): we are still working on it and will come up with a solution shortly.

Thank you for your help/feedback and patience.

Thanks.
Unfortunately - exactly the same situation. Wifi doesn't work still :doubt:
tarcus
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by tarcus »

My OMAP4430 ES2.2 tablet has lost wifi twice since adding this update so no better than before. Also HDMI still doesn't work.
Archos G9 8GB
ragar13
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by ragar13 »

Hello

I upgraded but the hdmi didnt worked..... Now my tv detects the hdmi connection but the vídeo doesnt run.
zalman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by zalman »

This update fixed my issue with SMB shares not working/silently failing here http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=64029

I'm not sure it was even supposed to fix that. Maybe it was a symptom of the wifi problem it did fix.
quinnten83
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by quinnten83 »

The firmware does not want to install. It does not get recognized as firmware.
Downloaded it on the tablet twice and once on my computer, I get the same error everytime.
cardassianscot
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by cardassianscot »

I still have the same wifi connection issues on my 101 g9. It is somewhat stable when I turn my router from b/g/n to b/g but still drops out enough to notice. In b/g/n mode it renders the tablet useless since it drops the connection so regularly it sometimes can't even load the google homepage.
Farsquidge
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Farsquidge »

quinnten83 wrote:The firmware does not want to install. It does not get recognized as firmware.
Downloaded it on the tablet twice and once on my computer, I get the same error everytime.
Make sure the file you are trying to use has not been renamed after download to .zip or .aos.zip
It should only end in .aos
Rename it if it has, then try again.

Qudos to you nz, bragon et al for keeping at this...

H.
605Wi, A5IMT, A5IT, A7o 8GB:2.4.82
tarcus
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by tarcus »

tarcus wrote:My OMAP4430 ES2.2 tablet has lost wifi twice since adding this update so no better than before. Also HDMI still doesn't work.
In fact if anything it is now far, far worse. I can barely use the net for a few minutes before I have to restart my wifi. When it locks up I pick up my Galaxy Nexus and check it can still reach the net, and it can.

This is really really bad!!

I'm going to try and roll back to the release version of ICS, as my tablet is now unusable. I did find that my other devices were being kicked off the wireless router when the Archos was switched on with the previous version, I'll see if that returns..

Back to absolutely hating my Archos after a brief period of positive feeling.
Archos G9 8GB
tarcus
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by tarcus »

tarcus wrote:
tarcus wrote:My OMAP4430 ES2.2 tablet has lost wifi twice since adding this update so no better than before. Also HDMI still doesn't work.
In fact if anything it is now far, far worse. I can barely use the net for a few minutes before I have to restart my wifi. When it locks up I pick up my Galaxy Nexus and check it can still reach the net, and it can.

This is really really bad!!
Right, after switching off 802.11n on my router the Archos has managed to stream 2 hours of flash video without problems so it looks like the problem is with n in my case, shame I have to degrade my wireless network to make this thing work.
Archos G9 8GB
homernixon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by homernixon »

well it's good to see I'm not imagining this problem. And here I've spent all morning trying to workout issues with my wireless router.
Archos 80 G9 8 GB Firmware 4.05
endgame
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by endgame »

I have installed the test firmware from scratch (after formatting my 250 GB HD). As a whole, I'm quite pleased with the update.

If anything, the HDMI seem to have improved over the previous version 3.2.80. In the past the HDMI mirroring, froze from time to time (both video and audio). In the test firmware, HDMI out is very stable.
I do not experience any WIFI problems (It should be noted that I'm using 802.11g on an old router).

I did have some freezes especially when trying to mess around the UI while copying data over (is that a no-no?) and with several GPS appliations.
While on the subject of GPS, I did reproduce the problem reported before: it seems that Archos finds several satellites, but reports 0 as the number found. I am also unable to get a GPS fix (even after several restarts)

An interesting side effect of the upgrade is that the multimedia keys on my BT keyboard started working (pause, next/previous track) - which makes me a happy man.
80 G9 250Gb rooted stock 4.0.7
homernixon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by homernixon »

I haven't tested the HDMI output yet and am not sure there was a problem before, but installing the update on this thread seems to have fixed my wifi problems.
Archos 80 G9 8 GB Firmware 4.05
lamblamlamb
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by lamblamlamb »

Got the firmware to update. Not sure about HDMI but wifi working better then before
mauro_avila
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mauro_avila »

Hello. I have an Archos 80 g9.
I upgraded to the last firmware offered for that model in archos's web page.
I am not able to conect to my home's wi-fi wpa2.
The previous firmware was able to conect very well.
What I can do to try to fix it?
Will Archos do something?

Thanks.
tarcus
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by tarcus »

I've now found that this test firmware seems to be mounting external storage with an incorrect user, the side-effect of this being that I can only write to the SD card or connected flash drives using the Archos file viewer, any other app can't write to them. Using a terminal it seems they're being mounted as the user media_rw or similar while the internal flash storage is mounted as sdcard_rw and can be written to by all apps.
Archos G9 8GB
mauro_avila
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mauro_avila »

Hi.

What model of tablet do you have?

Can you explain what did you do?

Thanks.

kcecpl wrote:Worked brilliantly. Wifi issue solved. Tablet is now very fast and wifi stable
caleb60
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by caleb60 »

Excellent! Both my routers are working perfectly now. Prior to this upgrade only one would work. I haven't tested HDMI, but Wifi is fixed for me.

Good job!

Return to “General G9 discussions”