Firmware 4.04 released - report bugs here

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
gansik
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Firmware 4.04 released - report bugs here

Post by gansik »

ViktorN wrote:I have got a problem with Wifi now. :-7
After upgrade to 4.0.4 I cannot establish wifi conection.
<my SSID name>
Signal strenght: Excellent
Security WPA2 PSK

OK, when I click to "Connect", there is now:
Signal strenght: Poor (Why "poor" now??? It doesn't matter if I am 1 meter or 20 meters far from my Wifi router)

I write password (of course the correct password) and then it shows me:
<my ssid name>: Obtaining IP address...
Saved, secured with WPA 2
Conecting...
Obtaining IP address...
Conecting...
Obtaining IP address...
and after several cycles it ends with
"Avoided poor internet connection"

I can't connect to my wifi after upgrade my Archos (80 G9).
Absolutely the same problem. I can't connect to wifi router (tested on ZyXEL P-330W, D-Link DIR-300).
Quote from log of my home ZyXEL P-330W:
Mar 11 21:02:29 (none) auth.info syslog: wlan0: WPA2-AES PSK authentication in progress...
Mar 11 21:02:29 (none) kern.warn klogd: wlan0: A wireless client is associated - 00:16:DC:69:EE:86
Mar 11 21:02:32 (none) kern.warn klogd: wlan0: A STA is rejected by 802.1x daemon - 00:16:DC:69:EE:86

After upgrade to ICS i got the device without wi-fi! :(
With firmware 3.2.80 device worked very good, without any problem.
bluenode
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bluenode »

I have the Archos 80 G9 tablet with a 1.25GHz processor and 16GB of storage.

I've experienced the following problems after installing the OTA 4.0.4 update and, subsequently, after reformatting the tablet and installing the downloaded ~.aos file. I did the latter hoping that it would solve these problems but it didn't. That said, it seems to have been worth the effort since the tablet's responsiveness was measurably improved.

Problems, in order of magnitude:

After the tablet has slept for a couple of hours or so, on awakening I see the message:
"Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped."
Mail doesn't work (I use K9 Mail), Skype won't login and I can't browse. Lots of stuff seems to fail. This happens several times per day. A reboot is required.
If the tablet is powered by its USB cable or if I frequently awake it, this problem seems never to occur.

Several times I've gotten the message:
"Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"
then,
"Unfortunately, "maps has stopped"
Once it happens, the messages repeat until I reboot.

Sometimes, when selecting an app from the launcher, its icon will be highlighted but the app doesn't launch. A second tap will usually start it. I mention this only because others have said that a very firm touch is required to launch an app and I wonder if this is perhaps related.

To avoid some of the wifi problems that have been reported, I've set "Keep Wi-FI on during sleep" to "Always." Don't know if this is relevant to any of these problems. Generally, wifi is working well for me, although the status icon that reflects signal quality is an unreliable measure of actual performance -- it often will indicate a poor connection while Settings > Wi-Fi" reports "Excellent" signal strength.

Probably a Dolphin problem but, just in case, I'll mention that Dolphin often mistakenly reports that there is no internet connection, even though there is and the page does load.

Finally, and as reported by others, HDMI doesn't work unless the cable is connected prior to boot.
Jolly3
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Jolly3 »

Hi,

got the same problem on my "job desk" with an old US Robotics G router /WPA.
I tried several times to switch off/on wifi on A80, but no way. Then, I resetted router AND A80 (off) and the tablet finally got the wifi.

Nothing like this happened at home (CISCO E4200, N, WPA2); there, I can work with no (major) issues.

I could have also some issues on 3G dongle, not working; but I have to verify it before.

C'mon Archos, go for 4.0.5 update and fix this incredible amount of problems. HC 3.2.80 version was great.

Ciao

Archos A80G9 Classic 8Gb
catboy111
Archos User
Archos User

Post by catboy111 »

Everything works fine (wifi browser etc apps). I've experienced several crashes only in the play market and the wikipedia app (i've uninstalled it). Once, the tablet died on sleep mode.

I still haven't found the way to get back the default video editor app. Anyone?
megadave12
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by megadave12 »

sper56 wrote:
kcecpl wrote:Does any one know where I can get the version of Honeycomb that was released in january as I have deleted the file and cant find it on the archos site
just type it into your browser...

http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_3. ... os_it4.aos

if you want 4.0.4 type 4.0.4 instead of 3.2.80..

Thats great. Any idea how to convince recovery mode to accept a downgrade?
bhmm
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by bhmm »

customswolf wrote:Since the ICS update I've been getting a lot of crashes (hangs) when the HDD spins up. Seems to be fairly random, but especially when coming out of sleep. The little disc icon appears, but the disc doesn't actually spin, and from that point, no app will work, although you can still scroll about the desktop. The only fix is to reboot.

A shame, because 3.80 was rock solid for me.

No wi-fi problems here though, on a G9 80 250gb.
Mee too... no wifi issue. Actually wifi works better while on Honeycomb it worked with most of my routers excectp the mifi from Clearwire Wimax.

But it crashing the HDD, freezing, and rebooting....the HDD is getting really hot...Same drive worked fine on Honeycomb.
kcecpl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kcecpl »

If I reformat my device will it accept the 3.2.80 Honeycomb.
I currently have ICS loaded.
Can't work with ICS as the wifi does not work and keeps on going off.
dcsm
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by dcsm »

kcecpl wrote:If I reformat my device will it accept the 3.2.80 Honeycomb.
I currently have ICS loaded.
Can't work with ICS as the wifi does not work and keeps on going off.
No, you can't, I tried it.

The reformat may help eliminate some of the problems with the new firmware, though, at least it did in my case.
a32quaeler
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by a32quaeler »

I hope you noticed the posting of the archos staff member bragon in this forum where he links a ICS firmware test(!!!) version which might help with your WiFi- (and HDMI) problems (?). I do not have any WiFi problems but if you wiped your archos anyhow, you might want to experiment with that one...
IByte
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by IByte »

IByte wrote:
ifb wrote:
IByte wrote:OK, you could see the satellites, but did you actually get location updates as well? (I mean latitude/longitude or map position every few seconds.)
There was as solid fix with I think 6 or 7 satellites locked and contributing. I can have another look later today. I have GPS Test and GPS Essentials installed and of course Google Maps.

Ian
Peculiar. I'll contact Archos Support, see what they say.
Well, they tell me to check whether I've turned on the GPS receiver in the settings. Gee thanks, I'm pretty sure I had already thought of that. :evil:
Using Archos 80 G9 (1GHz 8GB)
sper56
Archos User
Archos User

Post by sper56 »

megadave12 wrote:
sper56 wrote:
kcecpl wrote:Does any one know where I can get the version of Honeycomb that was released in january as I have deleted the file and cant find it on the archos site
just type it into your browser...

http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_3. ... os_it4.aos

if you want 4.0.4 type 4.0.4 instead of 3.2.80..

Thats great. Any idea how to convince recovery mode to accept a downgrade?
Yes. you will have to root your device, enable sde, then download sde firmware 3.2.80
Visit my thread http://goo.gl/pR9Ig
rpope
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rpope »

Upgrade to the firmware in this post first

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=64013

sorted my wifi and hdmi problems.
Taysider
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Taysider »

BenMars wrote:Do you know how to take screenshots ?
With ICS it's supposed to be ON+Vol but it doesn't work.
Do you think this native function had been removed ?
It is power and -vol, at the same time.
msiviter
Archos User
Archos User

Post by msiviter »

Wifi displays it is on when resuming from sleep but will not see any networks until wifi is disabled and reenabled.
A retrograde step.
2x 3G 80 4.0.4
kcecpl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kcecpl »

Sorted out all my wifi problems by updating the software . Follow the link as given earlier in this forum
afterdark
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by afterdark »

My main problems since the update are the touchscreen and the lag.
karpie
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by karpie »

ViktorN wrote:I have got a problem with Wifi now. :-7
After upgrade to 4.0.4 I cannot establish wifi conection.
<my SSID name>
Signal strenght: Excellent
Security WPA2 PSK

OK, when I click to "Connect", there is now:
Signal strenght: Poor (Why "poor" now??? It doesn't matter if I am 1 meter or 20 meters far from my Wifi router)

I write password (of course the correct password) and then it shows me:
<my ssid name>: Obtaining IP address...
Conecting...
Obtaining IP address...
Conecting...
Obtaining IP address...
and after several cycles it ends with
"Avoided poor internet connection"

I can't connect to my wifi after upgrade my Archos (80 G9).
I've got the same problem on my 101 G9 Turbo :(
sper56
Archos User
Archos User

Post by sper56 »

afterdark wrote:My main problems since the update are the touchscreen and the lag.
format your device using STEP 1 in my thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1542058
You will lose all data so be sure to backup any important media files. When you calibrate the touch screen, put it flat on a table or something solid and flat, and DONT touch it
Visit my thread http://goo.gl/pR9Ig
IByte
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by IByte »

ifb wrote:
IByte wrote:OK, you could see the satellites, but did you actually get location updates as well? (I mean latitude/longitude or map position every few seconds.)
There was as solid fix with I think 6 or 7 satellites locked and contributing. I can have another look later today. I have GPS Test and GPS Essentials installed and of course Google Maps.

Ian
Some news on this: rebooting appears to restore GPS functionality (odd, I thought I tested that before). However, if I start the (very useful) app GPS Status & Toolbox and switch from Status to Radar/Target view, it might render my tablet unable to receive a GPS signal until the next reboot. I'm starting to suspect some sort of resource release bug in GPS Status. Can anyone test/confirm this?
Using Archos 80 G9 (1GHz 8GB)
afterdark
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by afterdark »

sper56 wrote:
afterdark wrote:My main problems since the update are the touchscreen and the lag.
format your device using STEP 1 in my thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1542058
You will lose all data so be sure to backup any important media files. When you calibrate the touch screen, put it flat on a table or something solid and flat, and DONT touch it
Already did that. Nathing happens. Same bad responding touchscreen and freezing system. I am waiting to see what the next update will do and if it does nothing i will consider to root the tablet and downgrade. With the last update of HC the system was smooth. Such a shame this ICS on the Archos

Return to “General G9 discussions”