netflix app hard crashing my 80 g9

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
techieq
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

netflix app hard crashing my 80 g9

Post by techieq »

Hello archos fans forum peeps

I am a proud owner of archos 80 g9 turbo tablet but one major problem with this tablet that make me so mad is the constant hard crashing the tablet every 30mins while using the netflix app. Is anyone else having this issue. Should I contact archos to see if they can help me with is madding problem that almost makes me want to sell this tablet for a more reliable one. I owned this table since Dec of last year ever since the day i bought this tablet and using the netflix app, this has been happening What is the hardware warranty length on this device. I was hoping that future firmware updates would solve my problem but it hasn't Thanks for putting up with my rant.
Arishon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: netflix app hard crashing my 80 g9

Post by Arishon »

mines been doing this as well... normally I just reboot afte rthe crash and it works fine for while... the app is known to hate archos I think...
asboss
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by asboss »

I have the 101 G9 and it works just fine, I have read a few posts regarding the G9 80 crashing problems.
Hope you manage to sort it out, may be the new ICS update will sort it for you, should get it within the next 2 weeks.
Regards
aicragdrahcir
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by aicragdrahcir »

I have a turbo 80 g9, 250gb. Netflix has also crashed on me occasionally but I think the problem in my case is related to Win 7 (also on wifi) taking up a lot of bandwidth while updating. If my PC off, I haven't had a problem with Netfllix (yet).
techieq
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by techieq »

aicragdrahcir wrote:I have a turbo 80 g9, 250gb. Netflix has also crashed on me occasionally but I think the problem in my case is related to Win 7 (also on wifi) taking up a lot of bandwidth while updating. If my PC off, I haven't had a problem with Netfllix (yet).
I would rather have that problem wanna trade problems? :P Anyways i am gonna try to RMA my tablet and see if they can give me refurbished unit without the crashing problem or fix my tablet.
nekogami13
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by nekogami13 »

Swapping out for a new one will do you no good.
Netflix as well as any flash video causes the device t lockup and die.

It's a problem with all Archos g9s.
Maybe the ICS update has fixed it if it is not a hardware issue.
roylovelock

Post by roylovelock »

i found that netflix was also crashing me out, i fixed it by first of all clearing out the cache, then uninstalling then re installing the program.
its been fine on my 101 1.5 g9 since.
roy
COYI

Return to “General G9 discussions”