Sat Nav AND Music

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
mbc0
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sat Nav AND Music

Post by mbc0 »

Hi,

I have just bought an Archos G9 250GB tablet which is now mounted on my car dash & it's sole use is to live in the car. I understand this might be a question for Co Pilot but I feel that you guys are more "Savvy" than the Co Pilot devs for my question.

My question is that I want to be able to leave the Music Player/Poweramp screen on all the time so I can quickly change songs, volume etc BUT still hear the Sat Nav when directions/Speed Camera alerts are played. I am able to flawlessly have poweramp playing in the background with Co Pilot on the screen & the music volume is lowered nicely for each announcement, but obviously this is the complete opposite of what I want. Where is the restriction stopping this from happening? Any clues would be VERY welcome....
jamie41
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Sat Nav AND Music

Post by jamie41 »

mbc0 wrote: My question is that I want to be able to leave the Music Player/Poweramp screen on all the time so I can quickly change songs, volume etc BUT still hear the Sat Nav when directions/Speed Camera alerts are played.
I've no idea why you'd want to do that, but that's of no consequence.

The assumption from your post is that you've tried this, and that it didn't work for you. I'm just curious to know exactly what did happen when you tried it?

With the music player playing music in the foreground, and Copilot running in the background, are you saying that the copilot voice instructions are never heard at all over the music? Or what?
mbc0
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mbc0 »

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your reply, The reason I want to do this is so I can have easy access to the volume buttons and be able to change tracks quickly and still hear the sat nav instructions. At The moment if I am listening to my music player with co pilot app in the background I do not hear any navigation at all' but with co pilot active and music in background the music volume drops whilst there is a navigation/alert and then raises again after the instruction.
syscheck
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by syscheck »

Although I have no direct solution for your question, I do advise to wait until we know more/have ICS on the tablet.

Next to that, you might want to check out http://youtu.be/qX8w3UZIjkc (Cornerstone)

My guess is, that when ICS is fully usable as multitaskting OS, your problem (stripped down, it's mostly a sound issue) will be solved.
Archos 101 G9 Turbo 16GB 1,2GHz

Return to “General G9 discussions”