please help me make a quick decision: g8 or g9?

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
mullez
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

please help me make a quick decision: g8 or g9?

Post by mullez »

I want to purchase an Archos 101, but I cannot decide if the extra money for a G9 model is reasonable.

Will primarily be using the tablet for internet browsing and videoclips like youtube.

Is the G8 model fully capable or should I spend an extra 60 euro for the G9 model?

What are the main benefits of the G9 for my use of the tablet?
syscheck
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: please help me make a quick decision: g8 or g9?

Post by syscheck »

- The biggest benifit to choose the G9 model is the resolution: G8=1024x600, G9=1280x800
Most webpages will fit way better in 1280x800.

- Although there is a way to use the normal Android market, with the G8 you'll only be able to use the Appslib. The G9 has the normal market.

- G9 has Android 3.2 and gets an upgrade to Android 4.
Although you might start only using your tablet for internet and videoclips, you'll quickly find out that there are waaayyyyy more possibilities with a tablet that's 60 euro more expensive.

The only reason that you might choose for the G8 is because you only want to 'try out' something like a tablet. But in THAT case you can better go for the cheapest brand/tablet on the market. See if it is something that you can use and THEN definately but the G9!!!
Archos 101 G9 Turbo 16GB 1,2GHz
exelletor
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by exelletor »

The G8 is thinner and has a nicer kickstand. However, G9 has more possibilities, is faster etc.

I bet that 101b Internet Tablet on which Archos is working will have much nicer screen(possibly 1280x800), 512MB RAM and Honeycomb. I will not be surprised if they will fit OMAP4 in there. It's just because 1280x800 on an OMAP3 is not so good idea. :lol:
mullez
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mullez »

ok, it definately sounds like I should go for the G9 model. Thats settled!

With this being my first tablet, I was wondering if there is some general differences between the 80 G9 and the 101 G9 besides the screen size.

what are the differences in using the 2 models for internetbrowsing?

I realise that the 80 G9 can be more handy when holding it, but are the any disadvantages in the smaller model?

I realise that my questions may be stupid, but am trying to get a feel of the se tablets.

- Mullez
Galaxy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Galaxy »

I think in hardware are the same specs except obviously the screen size . In web browsing the 10 would be better maybe because of the bigger screen and 1280 x 800 is better than 1024 x 768 .
But the main problem would be the size in case you need to move it . I used to had an 7' Haipad it was nice but not so good at quality of screen so i now have ordered the Archos 80 G9 250 gb . I think that 8' screen is best for many things , and you can always connect it to a TV for movies etc .
lazlng
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by lazlng »

I would definitely recommend the G9. I went through three G8 devices (A101 - A43 is fine) and all had major problems with the touch screen (first 2 the touch along the edges did not work, the 3rd *only* the touch along the edge worked). I have been happy with the A101 G9.
mullez
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mullez »

just ordered the 80 G9 directly at Archos. Can't wait!
Galaxy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Galaxy »

" Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 am
just ordered the 80 G9 directly at Archos. Can't wait!"

Well hopefully tomorrow will arrive the package , cant wait now :)
cghori
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by cghori »

I would wait for G10 tablets. They will be AWESOME!

Return to “General G9 discussions”