Bluetooth Jabra headset / JBL speakers on G9 80 not working

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Bluetooth Jabra headset / JBL speakers on G9 80 not working

Post by SvenC »

I have two BT devices: JBL OnTourXTB speakers and Jabra headset.
Only the JBL speaker found, but the archos tablet did not connect with the JBL. The headset was not found by the tablet (not listed after BT device search). With 5IT there is no problem with detection and connection.

Any ideas? Is it possible that BT is not correct working with the latest tablet generation?
Nigel
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Bluetooth Jabra headset / JBL speakers on G9 80 not work

Post by Nigel »

I have paired my G9 80 with my motorola S705, and both the hands-free (phone audio) and media profiles are recognised by the tablet.
G9 80 8GB 1.0GHz, firmware 4.0.28
ifb
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by ifb »

Just paired and connected my Sennheiser PX360 BT headphones, worked like a dream.

Ian
Archos 80 G9
Samsung Galaxy Note
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by SvenC »

argl.
Question. Can you see the informaion "paired..." on display, because when I try to pair the JBL speakers I can enter the code, but after coder-entering I cannot see the JBL device anymore on screen until a re-scan (device not paired).
ifb
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by ifb »

SvenC wrote:argl.
Question. Can you see the informaion "paired..." on display, because when I try to pair the JBL speakers I can enter the code, but after coder-entering I cannot see the JBL device anymore on screen until a re-scan (device not paired).
I'm surprised you would need to enter a code at all - I didn't have to with my headphones. There is no security threat when connecting headphones or speakers.

Ian
Archos 80 G9
Samsung Galaxy Note
Methos
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Methos »

I have tried several bluetooth headphones and have gotten the same results. It is working well in all but the video player. If you are watchin a video, it will eventually stutter and time out. If you attempt to search or pause (from screen or bluetooth) it will stutter or timeout. I have the archos 80 250GB and I noticed it will only work correctly with the video player if I have something using the hard drive, such as a download or data transfer. I would be curious if anybody with the flash model is having this problem.

Thanks in advance.
miles_t
Archos User
Archos User

Post by miles_t »

I Have a HTC Sensation which connects via Bluetooth however my Jabra BT3030 does not. Looking at Jabra website Archos is not compatible with Jabra products. Archos needs to sort this.
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by SvenC »

My old A5IT works fine with the jabra headset. I don't know where the difference is in protocol. It should be the same. :?:
mbc0
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mbc0 »

Hi Miles_t

Where did you read about Archos not being compatible with Jabra? this is an issue for me as I use Halo 2 headphones, & BT3030 For My Car :-( I am having massive streaming issues at the moment so maybe this is why???? I cannot find anything about Archos not supporting Jabra anywhere?

Cheers
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by SvenC »

Can you pair your jabra device? My archos does not found the jabra, hence no pairing is possible.
mbc0
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mbc0 »

Hi

My g9 80 250gb finds my jabra devices fine just get unayable due to stuttering video :doubt: on both bt3030 and halo 2
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by SvenC »

Ah okay, in future I will buy the 1.5 Ghz 250 GB device. I hope this problems fixed then. ;)
mbc0
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mbc0 »

I spoke to Archos Tech support today & he advised me to reload the firmware (same version) & I did & all is now working! it seems maybe that the version you download from Archos may be better/more up-to-date than the version I downloaded on the Tablet over WIFI. Also my tablet was rebooting alot when copying large amounts of data, this has also now stopped (just copied 80GB with no issues :-) :-) the whole thing seems alot friskier also!! (maybe that's pyscological as it is all working! lol )

Return to “General G9 discussions”