Archos G9 1.2Ghz October and 1.5Ghz December availability

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
Myth0S
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: Archos G9 1.2Ghz October and 1.5Ghz December availabilit

Post by Myth0S »

T.A Blet wrote:AT-200 Mythos. Unbelievable, that's the third tablet not coming before Christmas, I eventually wanted to buy.

Archos G9 10.1 1.5Ghz Turbo
Asus Transformer Prime (Not available in Europe in 2011, launch Januari 6 2012
Toshiba AT-200

Bummer. :evil:

Yeap sorry for the typo i was too angry at the moment... So guyz the tablet that maybe released in 11/11 +/- 5 days will be 1.0 Ghz Omap 4430 with 16 GB?
exelletor
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by exelletor »

16GB is al ready available in some places.
Myth0S
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Myth0S »

exelletor wrote:16GB is al ready available in some places.

WTF? RLY? so my a place :shock:
rushmore
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by rushmore »

T.A Blet wrote:AT-200 Mythos. Unbelievable, that's the third tablet not coming before Christmas, I eventually wanted to buy.

Archos G9 10.1 1.5Ghz Turbo
Asus Transformer Prime (Not available in Europe in 2011, launch Januari 6 2012
Toshiba AT-200

Bummer. :evil:

I thought the 1.5 turbo was coming out in December? I said December was not happening for that chipset (in volume), but was asserted to know nothing by someone here.....
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by SvenC »

When you have information such this, pls post the shop... ;)
Spilby
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Spilby »

For your info... A mail from UK official archos site, about the G9 Turbo Version.

"Unfortunately the release has been pushed back due to an issue with the Turbo processors and Android 3.2. The manufacturer of the processor, Texas Instruments, is workingon this issue, but it is unfortunately out of ArchosÔÇÖ hands. The devicesare expected to be released in December, but until the issue has been resolved,I am unable to provide a confirmed release date.

The gen 9 tablets have 512MB of RAM. "

:?
Myth0S
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Myth0S »

Ok now excuse me if i am wrong it he talking 'bout the 1.2 GHz Turbo? How many months behind? You are already behind archos at least 1 month or may even better if we think when you announced your products. I am waiting 10 more days after that archos bye bye from me.
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

Spilby wrote:For your info... A mail from UK official archos site, about the G9 Turbo Version.

"Unfortunately the release has been pushed back due to an issue with the Turbo processors and Android 3.2. The manufacturer of the processor, Texas Instruments, is workingon this issue, but it is unfortunately out of ArchosÔÇÖ hands. The devicesare expected to be released in December, but until the issue has been resolved,I am unable to provide a confirmed release date.

The gen 9 tablets have 512MB of RAM. "

:?
The guy may not really be informed. Turbo can be 1.2Ghz and 1.5Ghz, big difference. And 512MB RAM may be only on non-Turbo devices, this doesn't confirm much.
jimexbox
Archos User
Archos User

Post by jimexbox »

My pre order with Amazon UK for the g9 101 1.2GHz turbo is still showing a release date of the 11 November. Will have to see if this will actually happen.
exelletor
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by exelletor »

Myth0S wrote:

WTF? RLY? so my a place :shock:
A bit too far for us all, I am afraid. Pleer.ru has them al ready for two weeks, 1.0Ghz with 16GB.

http://www.pleer.ru/_39542_Archos_101_G ... ablet.html
http://www.pleer.ru/_39543_Archos_80_G9 ... ablet.html

Pleer was also the first to have the 35IT, two weeks before it appeared on FNAC....
jimexbox
Archos User
Archos User

Post by jimexbox »

Surprise surprise, Amazon UK is is now showing the 250Gb Archos as "temporarily out of stock".
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by SvenC »

Yes.
Here in Germany, there is NO release date on amazon.de, but you can find every week a new release date on:

http://www1.idealo.de/preisvergleich/Of ... rchos.html

:lol:

"next release date is": 22.11.2011 :p
jimexbox
Archos User
Archos User

Post by jimexbox »

SvenC wrote:Yes.
Here in Germany, there is NO release date on amazon.de, but you can find every week a new release date on:

I will give it the rest of November, then I'm cancelling my order and moving on. Archos is always the bridesmaid, never a bride.
Myth0S
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Myth0S »

SvenC wrote:Yes.

Did the have any stock at all or they really sold out?

**UPDATE**

They really sold out

jimexbox
Archos User
Archos User

Post by jimexbox »

I emailed Amazon UK and asked if they had received any stock of 101 g9 250Gb model, as it was shown as "temporally out of stock", Which to normal people would indicate there was they were once in stock and sold out. I've just received an email that they didn't receive any stock at all from their supplier and have no idea when they will receive any.

Order cancelled.
SvenC
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by SvenC »

In my mind, the device was never in stock. Neither on Amazon nor on other stores!
Here in Germany. I always check the pages every day incl. my amazon pre-order. There was NO release date until now on amazon.de.
All the other release dates are fake dates. It's only an eye-catcher for pre-order the device on store where any release date is given.
MY source is archos.com. You can't find any information about a release date for the 1.2 GHz model and you can't see any release-information about the 250 GB model.

For archos and all other stores: -> :^o

;)
Myth0S
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by Myth0S »

I will wait until 20/11 after that I will be gone I am tired of a bunch of liers and fake roadmaps and product releases. Craig is nowhere to be found and talk to us . He comes answers a few posts and dissapears again. Is that how companies work? I that the real face of Archos when releasing products keep saying fake dates and specs? I am so dissapointed.
exelletor
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by exelletor »

Because Craig is a PR-guy, he understands that it's better not to confirm the problems/delays before knowing exact information.
jimexbox
Archos User
Archos User

Post by jimexbox »

exelletor wrote:Because Craig is a PR-guy, he understands that it's better not to confirm the problems/delays before knowing exact information.
It would be far better if they were just honest for a change. If you are releasing a product to market in
the next 6-8 weeks, you will have a confirmed release date within the company. Even Archos don't get
to work Monday morning and think, "why not release that long overdue tablet next week".

Even if the delays are out of there control, their supplier will have revised timetable for shipment of any
delayed components.

All we get is misinformation, rumour and disappointment.
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Charbax »

jimexbox wrote:
exelletor wrote:Because Craig is a PR-guy, he understands that it's better not to confirm the problems/delays before knowing exact information.
It would be far better if they were just honest for a change. If you are releasing a product to market in
the next 6-8 weeks, you will have a confirmed release date within the company. Even Archos don't get
to work Monday morning and think, "why not release that long overdue tablet next week".

Even if the delays are out of there control, their supplier will have revised timetable for shipment of any
delayed components.

All we get is misinformation, rumour and disappointment.
Even the CEO of Archos can't know sometimes, when they are ready to release a new product, the processor and everything might come together in a few days and they are maybe ready to put the first batch on a cargo airplane the next day and within a week suddenly a first batch may be available at one of the major retailers like amazon or tigerdirect.

It's different once component availability is stable and they can know ahead for 2-3 months what volume can be produced and delivered where. But right now, I think, they are basically standby and as soon as Texas Instruments has the OMAP4460 yield under control, and ready to deliver, then it can go to PCB implementation and assembly with all the other components that are ready shortly after.

My guess is Texas Instruments maybe noticed some unexpected leakage due to the high frequency, it's not good to release a product that has 2h shorter battery runtime than to be expected, but I totally expect them to have already fixed the bug and got the processor under control, as OMAP4460 is in Galaxy Nexus, OMAP4460 is the Ice Cream Sandwich reference platform. And many other customers are very eager to be huge OMAP4 customers, although I think Amazon Fire and B&N Nook Tablet both use the stabilized cheaper and lower performance OMAP4430 1Ghz, which is what the current 8GB Archos G9 is using also.

Return to “General G9 discussions”