Cannot connect to the internet.

General topics about the Archos G9 series if those topics don't fit in a specific model category below. Also discuss your ideas, suggestions, hopes, wishes, rumors, informations in here.
johnjazz
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Cannot connect to the internet.

Post by johnjazz »

I'm an Archos newbie and novice. Got my G9 a few days ago. After a little difficulty I connected to the internet then decided to upgrade to the latest firmware. The result was an 'authentication problem' when I tried to connect. Advice from Archos was to reformat which I did. Since then I've been unable to access the internet even though the device shows connected. I'd suspect the router (BT Home Hub V2) but it seems okay and it did connect before the upgrade. Furthermore after trying to connect the G9 I have to restart the router to restore it's settings. Other than that I can connect to the internet normally with both my PC and laptop.

After reformatting some of the apps disappeared notably the Archos manual (empty folder). I know it's online but it's useful on the device.

Any help you can give to get me up and running would be greatly appreciated.
viking

Re: Cannot connect to the internet.

Post by viking »

Dunno, but in the most recent topics you can see both a source of getting back original files and talk by a subset of users who are having wifi connection troubles with the latest firmware.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115

Return to “General G9 discussions”