Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 custom rom: 7htv2_gingerbread.06.
Changelog for this rom:
- - Based upon DareSuperChargeSMP: a Daremos, Stevemp and JDefense rom (many thanks go to them for their work, see this XDA-thread), it's only partly based upon fun_'s work. I only made some minor changes.
- USB mass storage mode solved (simply by using the froyo adbd from my froyo rom).
- Rom contains both ADW Launcher and Zeam launcher.
- Added "file manager" instead of other file managers. It has root explorer and network share functions as well.
- Gscript preinstalled. Use the scripts inside the downloaded zip in case you want to flash your tablet again. See Gscript section at the bottom of this post.
- Installed Gmail, google Maps & Streetview, Titanium Backup, file manager, youtube player, connectbot, adobe reader, fbreader and Quickpic as non system apps. This means that they can be uninstalled if you don't want them.
- USBModeSwitch added. This app let's you easily switch between "normal" USB mode and "host" mode.
- Generally: apks updated in the rom when relevant.
- - 7htv2_gingerbread.06_calibrate Rom with calibration
The "original" daremos rom comes without calibration. Probably that works on his tablet but my tablet works pretty inaccurate without calibration. If you experience the same then download and install the 7htv2_gingerbread.06_calibrate version. My tablet is now accurately calibrated again.
= Unofficial CyanogenMod 7 Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 custom rom: 7htv2_gingerbread.05.
Changelog for this rom:
- - Hardware decode video now works! (thanks _fun)
- Updated to latest Titanium backup.
- Market set back to 2.3.6 as the 3.1.x versions don't synchronize correctly. Removed MarketUpdater.apk so that Market can't be updated to badly functioning 3.1.x
= Unofficial CyanogenMod 7 Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 custom rom: 7htv2_gingerbread.04.
Changelog for this rom:
- This rom is only a bugfix for the .03 rom where wifi did not work correctly. It is further 100% identical to the .03 rom.
= Unofficial CyanogenMod 7 Android Gingerbread 2.3.5 custom rom: 7htv2_gingerbread.03.
Origin of this rom: see xda-developers forum and Androtab.info. Thanks goes to _fun/naosb who developed and compiled this Gingerbread rom.
What works and what doesn't work: See above two links.
Changelog for this rom (and previous two roms):
- - Includes Google apps.
- Added new recovery image for semi-automatic (re)flashing (see below).
- Added scripts for semi-automatic (re)flashing.
- Set correct accelerometer settings.
- Added scripts for host USB mode (see below).
- Updated Titanium to latest version 4.5.1
- Updated Superuser.apk and su to latest 3.0.2 version.
- Updated Market to latest version 3.1.5. It seems that the new market doesn't need the market fix.
- Updated Gmail to latest version.
- Installed latest hosts file from mvps.
CyanogenMod settings -> screen -> screen-on and screen-off animation -> Off (Otherwise your screen may go/stay black after suspend and you might need to reset your tablet)
CyanogenMod settings -> screen -> 180 degrees -> On (Otherwise your landcsape mode in "upside-down" position doesn't work)
Enable the options in CM Setting.
- - Trick to get out of fullscreens apps/games without the exit function.
- You can enable the "Home", "Menu", "Back" function to the power down screen.
- Go to CyanogenMod settings, Tablet tweaks, Choose Power Menu Buttons.
USB host mode
USB mode works but not from the Settings menu. Use the scripts "usb2hostmode.sh" and "usb2normalmode.sh" (see Gscript below)
Tweaks (Via Settings).
CyanogenMod settings -> Performance -> Enable surface dithering -> Off
CyanogenMod settings -> Tablet tweaks -> Disable fullscreen -> On
ADWLauncher -> Screen preferences -> Wallpaper Scrolling -> Off
ADWLauncher -> Drawer Settings -> Animated Drawer -> Off
ADWLauncher -> Drawer Settings -> Fade app labels -> Off
Sound -> Haptic feedback -> Off
Display -> Animation -> No animations
Language & keyboard -> Android keyboard -> Popup on keypress -> Off
Flashing back to Stock or other Custom ROM
After you've updated to this ROM the normal "Copy update.img to SDCard/internal memory" doesn't work. However, there is a "semi-automatic" reflash via two scripts: "flashfromintmem.sh" and "flashfromsdcard.sh". Simply copy the new update.img to your internal memory or your sdcard and run one of the scripts from Gscript (see below). The scripts come in a separate folder in the zip which you downloaded.
Gscript is an application that enables you to run shell scripts on your android device without having to go to and work in a terminal. Gscript is added to this ROM.
To be able to use scripts from Gscript you do the following after having flashed your device.
To start with: Copy the complete gscript folder inside the zip file with it contents to the sdcard. If you don't have an sdcard copy the folder to your internal memory (/mnt/nand).
- * On the tablet open Gscript.
* touch the menu (settings) button.
* Select add script.
* Select load file and select the script you want to use.
* Set checkbox "Needs Su?".
* Select "Save".
If you want to add your own scripts you copy them into the gscript folder on your sdcard. If you don't have an sdcard copy them to the gscript folder in your internal memory. Note that they need to have the .sh extension. Go through steps 1-6 to add your own script(s).
Note: Gscript adds the scripts to it's own data structure in /data. It leaves the original scripts untouched.