7htv2_froyo.21 18 March 2012
- -- Undo tomo123/twk memory/tcp tweaks: It made the tablet slower instead of faster. Next to that: the tcp tweaks introduced a boot error in the wifi settings.
You can download the rom here: 7htv2_froyo.21.zip
Note: On first boot: As applications can only be installed when the gui is running, the installation of the non-system apps begins and still continues when the gui is already visible. After about 1 minute after gui "appearance" all apps are available in the application grid. This only on the first boot.
(See Tips & Tweaks at the bottom of this post)
7htv2_froyo.20 patch 2 16 March 2012
Change log patch 2:
- - patch 2: My screen has by now so many dead spots that it can't be calibrated anymore. I always pack a calibration backup in my personal roms, which means I always make 2 roms: One for the world and one for me. For the patch 1 I forgot to take out my personal calibration file. Sorry It's time for a new tablet.
- - patch 1: bugfix for version 20. Calendar, CalendarProvider and GoogleCalendarSync was missing.
- - Fixed bug with the non-system apps (see previous rom). If you uninstalled an apk it was reinstalled on the next reboot. You don't want that of course
- Wrote an "on first boot after flash" installer script for the non-system apps.
- A larger number of applications are now installed as non-system apps. The rom is quite full but you can easily "make it smaller" by uninstalling these applications form Settings->applications->Manage. Non-system apps: Adhocable, Appslib-2, Connectbot, FBReader, GScriptLite, Gmail, QuickPic, Rebooter, TitaniumBackup, wifi-onoff, youtube player.
- Updated winhelp hosts file (blocks 99,9% of the ads).
- My rom comes without the MarketUpdater. That apk automatically updated the market. But the early 3.0.x and 3.1.y Market versions performed terribly on our A7HTV2 so that's why I removed it. The new Market aka Play Store 3.4.x versions perform much better. I now added a GScriptLite script that reinstalls the MarketUpdater and with the next "sync" (1-2 hours) you will have an updated Market (now called Play Store). Start GScriptLite, Menu -> Add script -> Load file: reinstall_marketupdater.apk (needs su).
- Updated a few apps.
- Added a few new system tweaks that should make the tablet perform (even) better and smoother.
Note2: I discontinued the tiny rom as well. As a lot of applications can now be uninstalled from the rom you can make your own tiny rom.
7htv2_froyo.19 04 March 2012
- - Other way of installing some of the applications. Some of them are now installed as non-system app like I've done now for Titanium backup. Non-system means that they can be uninstalled.
- Titanium now in all roms but as mentioned above: it can be uninstalled.
- most apks updated
- added "file manager" as file manager.
- added the wifi on-off widget to the rom (long-tab screen, add)
- no longer provide the small image. By now it is identicall to the normal rom as I skipped more and more applications myself.
- Added scripts to easily connect to shares, but file manager does this perfectly as well.
- No more lazy roms. It turned out that with updated apps you sometimes got non functioning apps as the way the app wrote it's data was changed between versions.
7htv2_froyo.18 14 December 2011
- - Bugfix: swap space wasn't activated (possible cause for snapshots)
- Updated hosts file to prevent adds in apps.
- Updated some apps.
7htv2_froyo.17 20 November 2011
- - Added new zoneinfo files (more countries, time zones, currencies, decimal separator notations, etc.)
- Added latest Titanium Backup
- Added latest hosts file from mvps.org
- Updated Superuser.apk and su to latest 3.0.6 version.
- Added Zeam launcher 3.1.7: fast, lightweight launcher.
- Market set back to 2.3.6 as the 3.1.x versions don't synchronize correctly. Removed MarketUpdater.apk so that Market can't be updated to badly functioning 3.1.x
- Removed go_launcher ex.
*** All previous versions removed ***
(1): Do not try to use the official Arnova G1 froyo rom directly on your A7HTV2. It will brick it and you need the RKBatchUpgrade route to reflash it with something else. Vice versa I assume that the Arnova7 will be bricked with this rom as the kernels are different.
(2): Get BirdbieNL's ROMSettings.apk from Birdiebnl's RomSettings.
(3): To get the market working:
- 1) start the market and wait till everything is synched. (wait for the sync icon to disappear in the status bar).
2) go to settings->applications.
3) Clear the cache of the Market, not the data! Then stop the Market.
4) Clear the data of the Google Framework Services. Then stop the Google Framework Services.
5) reboot immediately and go to Market, it should now fully work.
When you are too fast you sometimes have to repeat step 3,4,5.
Tips & Tweaks
= Standard USB connection to Mac OS X/Linux/Windows.
After connecting the tablet to the pc, touch and drag the menu bar down. Select "USB connection". (This is the default way on Froyo and later).
= Wifi switching off
- Go into settings -> Wireless and networks ->WiFi Settings. Press the menu button again and select the option "Advanced". Here you can set the WiFi sleep policy.
- * Set wifi to never switch off (note that with this setting it will now also drain power when in sleep mode)
* Install one of the wifi on/off widgets from the market.
* Switch wifi on when you need it and switch it off when you don't need it (reading, movies, etc)
The android.policy.jar has been patched to enable this. You need to download Birdiebnl's ROMSetttings.apk to use it.
= Bricked tablet
This should never happen when applying these roms, but in case it does happen: read this wiki article (for windows) and this article (Mac OS X/Linux/BSD) on how to unbrick your tablet.
= Performance improvements
- Menu: Settings->display->animations->No animations