Rooted eclair custom roms for A7HT V2: version 2011.18

Rockchip RK2818 based
lopac42
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Rooted custom roms for A7HT Version 2: version 2011.05.1

Post by lopac42 »

mrronald wrote:Tried everything too, but now it's fixed

Instead of logging on to the market with [email protected] log in with [email protected]googlemail.com

You will have to reset factory settings or update the image again so you can login again. After that login with googlemail instead of gmail. (same username as normal)

How do i reset to factory settings ?
mrronald
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mrronald »

Go to settings in menu, choose privacy and then reset to factory settings (i have it in dutch so roughly translated to english, might not be exact like i say here).
lopac42
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by lopac42 »

mrronald wrote:Go to settings in menu, choose privacy and then reset to factory settings (i have it in dutch so roughly translated to english, might not be exact like i say here).

bedankt.
lopac42
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by lopac42 »

It does not work tried everything
hvdwolf
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by hvdwolf »

I also reset my A7 to factory defaults and tried with googlemal.com. It doesn't function at all. From what I find on the internet that was the way to do it up till 1.5. If it functions, that's great.
I reset my device again and switched to [email protected]. It functioned for about half an hour and then stopped again.
I could download unlimited (23 applications) untill this approximately half an hour. I'm trying to find out what happens.
LJui
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by LJui »

hvdwolf wrote:I also reset my A7 to factory defaults and tried with googlemal.com. It doesn't function at all. From what I find on the internet that was the way to do it up till 1.5. If it functions, that's great.
I reset my device again and switched to [email protected]. It functioned for about half an hour and then stopped again.
I could download unlimited (23 applications) untill this approximately half an hour. I'm trying to find out what happens.

Same here, hope u can fix it :)
roquetdepalice
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by roquetdepalice »

hi
after all thank you, you make a great job. I have the same problem with the market. I tried the different solutions done in this forum but no result. I uninstall all the app one by one to see if one of them freeze the market but no result to. I think I have not enought knowledge in android to solve that but I'll see in other forum if the problem is mentionned.
thanks again =D>

for information I try to update the market but nothing better
gaiter
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by gaiter »

Don't know if this helps, but in my case, I upgraded from 2011.04 to 2011.05.1 and, although everything seems fine for over more than half an hour, I've not been able to download a thing through the app market, while I still can through the applib...
Also, and why i don't understand, it keeps trying to download stuff I have not asked for? Aquarium Wallpaper and Winamp keep coming up, and I never selected them???
My Archos has a mind of it's own! :)
hvdwolf
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by hvdwolf »

I don't have a solution yet. Most "solutions" talk about removing either or both the data and cache belonging to the google apps. On the Archos, having a read-only /system, the system apps don't have the option to do this.
I alrready wrote a shell script, that can be called by Gscript or from a rooted terminal, to erase this data and cache and reboot the device. Obviously I have not yet included enough as it still doesn't work. I hope I can simply expand this script until I reach the point where it does work.
lopac42
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by lopac42 »

I now have a new problem when i charge my tablet it never goes from the red light to the orange light.It charges til 99 % and not to 100 ?. I have this since the custom rom version 2011.05.1 .
peyob
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by peyob »

This problem is known: even with origin rom.
By disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, normally the lamp turns yellow.
hvdwolf
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Rooted custom roms for A7HT Version 2: version 2011.06

Post by hvdwolf »

I created a new custom rom version 2011.06 29 January 2011.
It is identical to the 2011.05.1 but this one is based on the new Archos firmware 1.0.1 as released on 28 January 2011.
gaiter
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by gaiter »

Downloading now... very curious! Spannend!
lopac42
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by lopac42 »

ben hem aan het downloaden
lopac42
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by lopac42 »

THANX google market works now this is great :D

Only one thing it is downloading random on it's own !!!!
Apelles
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Apelles »

hvdwolf, I am having a hard time installing your version 2011.06 I've formatted the device via factory data reset and downloaded this firmware on to mac with osX and then tried booth the root of the 7HT v2 and the sd card. What am I doing wrong ? do I need to go back to my antique Dell with XP and install firmware via Rk 2018 tool ? Was really impressed by full youtube and be able to install quickpix , the only gallery app I've be able to download that takes advantage of accelerometer on 7HT v2 , thanks for all you hard work any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated,

Apelles
peyob
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by peyob »

hvdwolf, I install your last rom release.
Some applications are trying to install themselves.
Reading the message from another user, I realize that these are the same (root check, market history manager ..).
Have you done any testing with them?
With 2011.05.1 release, I found this, but with other applications
Would this mean that some data are installed in the system with the application market?
This could perhaps explain the blocking downloads, just as if a buffer is filled, then when it is full, no data can be recorded (a buffer that can not be erased).
hvdwolf
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by hvdwolf »

Can you please explain your issues a little better?

lopac42 wrote:Only one thing it is downloading random on it's own !!!!

What did it download? Are you not confused with the packed applications?

Apelles wrote:hvdwolf, I am having a hard time installing your version 2011.06 I've formatted the device via factory data reset and downloaded this firmware on to mac with osX and then tried booth the root of the 7HT v2 and the sd card. What am I doing wrong ?

I'm on OSX as well and I simply copy the update.img to the root of the A7 and that works for me, no need for the Rk 2818 tool. Do you get any message about the rom when you copy it on the device? Or what does happen?

peyob wrote:hvdwolf, I install your last rom release.
Some applications are trying to install themselves.
Reading the message from another user, I realize that these are the same (root check, market history manager ..).
Have you done any testing with them?
With 2011.05.1 release, I found this, but with other applications

Yes, I did install this root check: see packed applications. If you want to use RootExplorer or Titanium Backup or a terminal on root level, you need root access and the SuperUser.apk gives you that. It simply verifies if you know what you are doing and if you want to continue (Application asks for superuser access: allow or not). You need that and that's not due to the market app. I put it there, it is a rooted rom after all.
What do you mean with the market history manager? I certainly did not install that one.

And yes, I do test. I have already packaged more applications into the rom and try to package even more. Some do easily install and some can't be installed as system app. So before I "release" a rom, I have tested at least three to five minor variations of it. I try to include terminal applications but for some reason I can't include them. When I'm done trying and after I have installed and tested these "try-out" roms, I also install the "final" rom at least twice to check for it's proper working.

And not solved yet: the market app stops downloading after some time. I still don't know what causes that. The web is full of this same messages for other devices. On some phones it can be solved, on other phones it can't.
peyob
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by peyob »

Where is root check in the package?
I see rootexploer, super-user, but not root check.
When I write market history manager I said that, like root check, market history manager is automatically downloaded, with fail result.
hvdwolf
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by hvdwolf »

peyob wrote:Where is root check in the package?
I see rootexploer, super-user, but not root check.
When I write market history manager I said that, like root check, market history manager is automatically downloaded, with fail result.

Do you mean an application that is called "root check"? I did not package that one.
"market history manager" is an application in the market.
As mentioned: the market app stops after a certain time. If you have tried to download something after this time it will stay on downloading and fail. Every time you restart the market app and switch to the download page, it will automatically try to download your selected application again, and it will again fail. That is not in my rom, it is in the market application and you did select that Do you mean an application that is called "root check"? I did not package that one.
"market history manager" application.

If you do a complete fresh install, or a reset to factory defaults, you will see that market will no longer try to download it.

Return to “Archos 7 Home Tablet v2”