New Google Music App

Discuss cool Apps for the Gen8 Tablets
rjsmith608
Archos User
Archos User

New Google Music App

Post by rjsmith608 »

I was watching Google IO coverage today and noticed the new Google Music Beta service. I downloaded the app for my Android Phone and works good so far. I then tried downloading it to my Archos 70 IT and it reboots me when I try to turn up volume. I know that it is Beta, but wondering if anyone else has got it to work or if having same issues with it?
I am truly looking forward to the new service and will automatically upload my collection to the service. I asked for my invite.

Anyone? :?:
MarcusMarcus
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: New Google Music App

Post by MarcusMarcus »

I tried it. It looks like a nice music app and when navigating through it, it runs smoothly. But as soon as I actually go to play music it reboots on me as well.
Archos 70S
Samsung GalaxyS WiFi 5.0
rjsmith608
Archos User
Archos User

Post by rjsmith608 »

okay so not just me. I will wait till an update. I am so excited for this service.
MarcusMarcus
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by MarcusMarcus »

Amazon pretty much has this service already, if you get the Amazon MP3 app. It allows you to play local files, stream songs from your Amazon cloud drive, and purchase songs right from the app. It does not look as nice as Google's Music app, but unless you get an invite to the Google Music Beta, you'll only be able to use Google's app for playing local files.
Archos 70S
Samsung GalaxyS WiFi 5.0
RynoRama
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by RynoRama »

I tried it. Downloaded it. Installed it.
Just as I was about to open it I got rebooted......YEAH....again
smith50
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by smith50 »

Just got an invite and setup account and uploaded some songs. Same thing happens to me the wpp looks great but when i hit play I get the archos screen like reboot.
rjsmith608
Archos User
Archos User

Post by rjsmith608 »

so is this a google music issue or is it a Archos issue? If Archos issue it is time for a firmware update. I am looking forward to playing with this across all three of my devices. My phone, tablet and PC.
exelletor
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by exelletor »

What the heck, Archos issue? You are downloading an illegal music app from Honeycomb and put it on 2.2 device and it is an Archos issue????
MarcusMarcus
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by MarcusMarcus »

exelletor wrote:What the heck, Archos issue? You are downloading an illegal music app from Honeycomb and put it on 2.2 device and it is an Archos issue????
It's not a App from Honeycomb. It's an Android 2.2 and up app from the Google Market. It does come default with Honeycomb, but that does not make it a Honeycomb only app)https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... rch_result
Archos 70S
Samsung GalaxyS WiFi 5.0
grantheppes
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by grantheppes »

exelletor wrote:What the heck, Archos issue? You are downloading an illegal music app from Honeycomb and put it on 2.2 device and it is an Archos issue????
Haha, an illegal app?! :lol:
ryadztu
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by ryadztu »

guys come ON i really need MUSIC on my DEVICE but it just reboots when TRYING to PLAY
MarcusMarcus
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by MarcusMarcus »

Now working in firmware 2.4.19!!!
Archos 70S
Samsung GalaxyS WiFi 5.0
TheRealBubba
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by TheRealBubba »

MarcusMarcus wrote:Now working in firmware 2.4.19!!!
Sort of, it seems to mess up the transition form one track to the next on my A43. It takes a long time to play the next song, skips some... imperfect. unacceptably so.

Return to “Gen8 Apps”