MarcusMarcus
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Amazon App Store

Post by MarcusMarcus »

Amazon App Store is now open.
Websitehttp://www.amazon.com/apps
App: http://amzn.to/getamazonappstore
Has anyone had a chance to try this yet? Unfortunately I'm at work and do not have Internet access here on my Archos 70. I'll be trying it on my lunch break though.
Archos 70S
Samsung GalaxyS WiFi 5.0
rjsmith608
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Amazon App Store

Post by rjsmith608 »

I tried it and installed beautifully. Also downloaded Angry Birds Rio and it totally rocks on the A70. I am going to do some more testing in the next few days.
adubrovs
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by adubrovs »

Sadly not available in Canada :(
RynoRama
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by RynoRama »

AB Rio is pretty good.

Today was Poker, tried 5 times to install fail every time. Tried again a couple hours later and it went.
AllenPapapetrou
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AllenPapapetrou »

I installed WSOP Hold'em and it forced closed on my A70S FW 2.1.08. I added to the 1 star review count.

Allen
-An old geek 8)
5IT|A70S|A101
10robertb
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by 10robertb »

I downloaded angry birds Rio to my A43 and my LG phone on Tuesday and worked beautifully. Also downloaded WSOP
yesterday had no problem but then the app wanted to download 230,000,000 bytes to my sd card so cancelled the download
and uninstalled the app seemed it would use up too much space for just one game. See that it now sells on amazon for 4.99
Not sorry that I uninstalled.
busybe68
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by busybe68 »

If you have an account with Amazon it keeps track of your purchases and devices. I originally downloaded the app to my phone a few days ago. I didn't even think about my Archos at the time. Then I went to the Amazon site and sent the app to my email so that I can download it to my Archos. Once the app was installed and I signed on to my account, there were all of my apps that I had already downloaded to my phone. I just picked which ones I wanted for my Archos. So your apps might still be there, no need to repurchase.
downlinx
Archos User
Archos User

Post by downlinx »

i for one love this app and the idea of it, thank you amazon thank you, wish other angry birds got the hi res textures, it would be awsome.
10robertb
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by 10robertb »

busybe68 wrote:If you have an account with Amazon it keeps track of your purchases and devices. I originally downloaded the app to my phone a few days ago. I didn't even think about my Archos at the time. Then I went to the Amazon site and sent the app to my email so that I can download it to my Archos. Once the app was installed and I signed on to my account, there were all of my apps that I had already downloaded to my phone. I just picked which ones I wanted for my Archos. So your apps might still be there, no need to repurchase.
That is always the case whether you go through amazon or market.android.com or from the market directly from your
device all apps that are purchased can be installed on all your android devices as long as they are compatible with your
hardware.
mpar
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by mpar »

TuneIn Radio Pro is todays free app.
viking

Post by viking »

I hate this app and am thinking of uninstalling it. Most free items either are or will be avail from market or appslib. It has the unique ability to charge to your amazon credit card from an accidental click. It clogs your email account with alarming messages that you have to check to ensure there was a zero charge. It is sacred to me to never get charged a penny for extra software (I don't let appslib set up an account either).

How do you see if it has updates for anything? Maybe it is on that category bar near the top, but you can't scroll to the right or hit the button to see more categories to the right.

I hate this game of baiting you to check it every day - they are really hoping to lure you to waste money. The freebies are mostly crap or avail elsewhere. I don't like this taking up appspace in memory. It was a big pain to initially set up the thing, but now I have backed up the apk I suppose I can uninstall and reinstall when desired.
a101g9 a70g8 an10g2 sg42 sg5 voy115
rondinelle
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rondinelle »

adubrovs wrote: Sadly not available in Canada :(
This guide worked for me. http://abtevrythng.blogspot.com/2011/03 ... z1Kl8u8mqE
downlinx
Archos User
Archos User

Post by downlinx »

viking wrote:I hate this app and am thinking of uninstalling it. Most free items either are or will be avail from market or appslib. It has the unique ability to charge to your amazon credit card from an accidental click. It clogs your email account with alarming messages that you have to check to ensure there was a zero charge. It is sacred to me to never get charged a penny for extra software (I don't let appslib set up an account either).

How do you see if it has updates for anything? Maybe it is on that category bar near the top, but you can't scroll to the right or hit the button to see more categories to the right.

I hate this game of baiting you to check it every day - they are really hoping to lure you to waste money. The freebies are mostly crap or avail elsewhere. I don't like this taking up appspace in memory. It was a big pain to initially set up the thing, but now I have backed up the apk I suppose I can uninstall and reinstall when desired.
if your downing because of the of an accidental click you can turn 1-click off in the settings
frank
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by frank »

Alarming email messages? A bit dramatic :)

Just drag the top bar to see the rest of the categories. And press menu to see "My Apps", which includes a tab for updates available.

Fancy Widget Pro, TuneIn Radio Pro, WeatherBug Elite, SoundHound Infinity, plus a handful of pretty nice paid games all for free. And this is all in about a month...

This is a must have app, and for me its more worthwhile than the google market.
A70 8gb Urukdroid 1.6
Nexus 7
rondinelle
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by rondinelle »

rondinelle wrote:
adubrovs wrote: Sadly not available in Canada :(
This guide worked for me. http://abtevrythng.blogspot.com/2011/03 ... z1Kl8u8mqE
Though it doesn't seem to be working anymore :cry: Any other Canucks getting access to the Amazon App Store? I did love their freebies when I was able to get them...
ChrisH
Archos User
Archos User

Post by ChrisH »

Probably being stupid but can't see how to get this working on my Archos as it wants my mobile number for 1-Click settings :? I guess I could get it on my phone and then download apps to that .... bit of a long way of doing it though. Not too bothered but occasionally there are ok free apps.
8Gb Archos 101

Return to “Gen8 Apps”