Before app market finishes loading brouser shuts down

2.8", $79 for 4GB
TubeShark
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Before app market finishes loading brouser shuts down

Post by TubeShark »

Before app market finishes loading brouser shuts down and sends me back to the Archos 28 home screen. I have followed the instructions on the hack but when I go into the settings>market> there is no cache to clear and force stop is not an option. I have uploaded the latest firmware and reset and started over 3 times. Not quite sure why the google apps market home page will not finish loading. Am I missing a plug-in or something?
gondel
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Before app market finishes loading brouser shuts down

Post by gondel »

TubeShark wrote:Before app market finishes loading brouser shuts down and sends me back to the Archos 28 home screen. I have followed the instructions on the hack but when I go into the settings>market> there is no cache to clear and force stop is not an option. I have uploaded the latest firmware and reset and started over 3 times. Not quite sure why the google apps market home page will not finish loading. Am I missing a plug-in or something?

The operating system sometimes has to kill off a process due to lack of memory. It happens all the time on the archos 28. Try the youtube app. It rarely plays for more than a few seconds. Install flash and visit some pages. Nothing works for more than a few seconds.
Unfortunately, the browser is often the victim. Try some javascript-heavy pages. The archos 28 has half the memory of the other models, so it is a real problem.
Aliraza47
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Before app market finishes loading brouser shuts down

Post by Aliraza47 »

The operating system sometimes has to kill off a process due to lack of memory. It happens all the time on the archos 28. Try the youtube app. It rarely plays for more than a few seconds. Install flash and visit some pages. Nothing works for more than a few seconds.

Return to “Archos 28 Internet Tablet”