WINDOWS 8???

10.1" capacitive, $269 for 8GB, $296 for 16GB, HDMI output, webcam...
Louis
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

WINDOWS 8???

Post by Louis »

Will it be possible in october to install Windows 8 on our tablet and in your opinion will this improve the performances? Will the small ram be a problem?
karel jansens
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Re: WINDOWS 8???

Post by karel jansens »

- Who knows (and who cares).
- No (Windows improving performance?! Har-di-harhar!).
- Yes (it's freakin' Windows! When was RAM ever not a problem?)
Todd6677
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Todd6677 »

And now without the unnecessary Sarcasm:

No one knows and no one will know until the beta gets released. From what I have read 8 will be well optimized for ARM based tablets but again it is going to depend a lot on the hardware of the 101 and it's capabilities.

@ Karel: Windows 7 has been a flawless OS for me on both laptop and desktop applications. Windows 8 is already looking like it is shaping up to be a knockout and since they are shooting to make it cross platform (Desktop/laptop, tablet and phone) so the experience is the same no matter what device you use. It required good solid hardware to run. Thats about it. If you run it on trash, you will get a trashed output. You complain about RAM but RAM is rediculously cheap so I am not sure what the problem there is for you. If the 101 isn't capable of handling a windows install that is hardly the fault of MS. If I wee goingg to build something I would use every last bit of new technology available to make it the best it could be.

Just for the record I am typing this to you on a Dell D430 with 2 GB of RAM and a 1.1 ghz dualcore processor that runs 32-bit Windows 7 for me day in and day out flawlessly. No reboots, no lockups. no Troubles. It found all of the drivers when I loaded the OS on it's own with no intervention from me. My 64-bit Work PC was the same.

I'll say the same thing I say to everyone else who complains about windows. It is the most popular OS for desktop computing to date. Regardless of what people prefer to use (Linux, mac, etc... Actually I have no preference they are all good IMO) none top MS in it's numbers. If you think you can build a better OS, I highly encourage you to do so and be the next Bill Gates, Linus Torvalds or Steve Jobs.
karel jansens
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by karel jansens »

Since the question was about running Windoze 8 on the 101, your waxing lyrical about Windoze in general is even more pointless than my Sarcasm...
Todd6677
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Todd6677 »

At least you acknowledge your sarcasm was pointless. Good you you.

Here you go:

Feel better now?
karel jansens
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by karel jansens »

Sarcasm is always pointless; it's its only usefulness... 8)
GiseleSer
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

WINDOWS 8

Post by GiseleSer »

I have an old computer with windows95. I need to upgrade to 95b in order to fix something. How? Ive seen updates all over the web but as far as I can tell its not possible that way. Do I have to have the CD? If so, where could I aquire one?

Return to “Archos 101 Internet Tablet”