Archos 101 tablet screen edges???

10.1" capacitive, $269 for 8GB, $296 for 16GB, HDMI output, webcam...
dazzler
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 101 tablet screen edges???

Post by dazzler »

Hi having owned my tablet now for 2 weeks I am generally happy with its performance, considering the price. I do seem to have a very annoying issue with the screen egdes being unresponsive. This makes the operation of the shortcut screen buttons pretty useless and the spacebar when typing the same. I have installed hackers key board from the market which allows you to increase the size of the keys which has helped with the spacebar issue slightly but the spy glass, home, back and settings buttons on the screen edge are very hard to operate to the point of pressing vey hard sometimes to get them to respond. I have done the calibration etc. but still no improvement. Does anyone have any ideas how I can overcome this or has anyone else noticed this to be a problem. If not it looks like it may be faulty and I will have to return it before my warranty runs out but as all else seems good I am hoping there is a fix for this?

Darren.
Todd6677
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Archos 101 tablet screen edges???

Post by Todd6677 »

Send it back. The entire screen should be properly senstive to touch. No dead spots etc...
cypresstwist
Archos User
Archos User

Post by cypresstwist »

You don't have to send it back. Recalibrate it. That fixed the issue for me.
jaypay
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by jaypay »

I have to touch the metal surround sometimes this may help i think it is to do with the charge ,maybe I should stop wearing my wifes nylon underwear!

Return to “Archos 101 Internet Tablet”