orientation lag on app icons

10.1" capacitive, $269 for 8GB, $296 for 16GB, HDMI output, webcam...
thomashy27
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

orientation lag on app icons

Post by thomashy27 »

I'm experiencing an annoying 8-12 second lag for my app icons to reappear when I change orientation. Ive tried recaliberating the accelorometer and touch screen to no effect.

I experienced it before and found a software reset reduced the lag time. but now it has returned. im on the latest firmware to date.

just wondered if anyone had any tips. thanks.

edit. im also using app2sd to get around the ridiculous 200mb system storage partition if that is causing it.
jfmcbrayer
Archos User
Archos User

Re: orientation lag on app icons

Post by jfmcbrayer »

The standard launcher can be ridiculously slow to redraw on orientation changes, or when returning from another app. It seems to be much worse when you have lots of a) folders, or b) widgets on the screen. You can remove those, or install an alternate launcher. I like Zeam, because while it has more features than the stock launcher, it's also very light on system resources.
thomashy27
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by thomashy27 »

jfmcbrayer wrote:The standard launcher can be ridiculously slow to redraw on orientation changes, or when returning from another app. It seems to be much worse when you have lots of a) folders, or b) widgets on the screen. You can remove those, or install an alternate launcher. I like Zeam, because while it has more features than the stock launcher, it's also very light on system resources.
Thanks alot I'll give it a go!
thomashy27
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by thomashy27 »

Im really impressed with Zeam and it's a lot quicker, thanks for the advice.
Todd6677
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Todd6677 »

I tried Zeam, but found I liked VTL a bit better because it allowed adjustments to the throw speed. It made the interface seem much quicker.

There are several out there you can use, so try them all and see what suits you best.

Return to “Archos 101 Internet Tablet”