A Tethering Question

10.1" capacitive, $269 for 8GB, $296 for 16GB, HDMI output, webcam...
RevKev
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

A Tethering Question

Post by RevKev »

I have had my Archos 101 for a couple of weeks now (came over from a Kyros 7"). I'm learning a lot about the Android system, but I was wondering if it is possible to tether the Archos 101 with my Windows 7 (Samsung Focus) cell phone? I've never done tethering before so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if they are just incompatable.
Thanks and its great to be part of the Archos community!
Todd6677
Archos User
Archos User

Re: A Tethering Question

Post by Todd6677 »

Hey RevKev. you migt want to try some searches on the forum. I know there are some apps that help with tethering. I couldn't get it to work with my 3G EVO without rooting the phone, which would require me going back to Froyo which since I am already on Gingerbread I really dont want to go back to it.

*Sigh*

Hopefully I'll be able to root Gingerbread soon. There are ways i am sure, but these days I am too lazy.
RevKev
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by RevKev »

Thanks for the response. I've been looking on a lot of different forums and websites but have yet to find an answer.My phone is a Windows7 phone and I don't think its compatible with an android system. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.
thanks
adzman808
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by adzman808 »

sorry this wont be that helpful....

my old win 6.5 htc hd2 had a tethering app

my current dell streak phone tethers without problems

presumably the 101 will connect to wifi, the question becomes 'does your 3g device support tethering that makes it appear to other wifi devices as a wifi router'

i suspect if yes, then the 101 will be ok, if not then no ~ but it's not the 101's fault if a device tethers or not

Return to “Archos 101 Internet Tablet”