Upgrading Problem

10.1" capacitive, $269 for 8GB, $296 for 16GB, HDMI output, webcam...
roflcopterofl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Upgrading Problem

Post by roflcopterofl »

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong place i'm new.
So I got my archos 101 tablet today. As of right now the firmware is 1.0.90 (Android 2.1-Update1). So i tried to update today by updating through the device. It says the new update "2.0.17" is available and I hit ok to download. Once it downloads and I attempt to install i get the error "The update file is not valid, This update is for another kind of device (207). I've tried about 10 times and it does the same thing. Any ideas, Thanks.
hurrpancakes
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Upgrading Problem

Post by hurrpancakes »

I'm in the same boat as you. I've even tried to download the update from the archos site, but that fails, and I can't seem to find a mirror.

EDIT: I found one here, at arctablet.com. Just download from the mirror here, put it on the main directory of your tablet, and update from there. I'll report as I go on.
roflcopterofl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by roflcopterofl »

hurrpancakes wrote:I'm in the same boat as you. I've even tried to download the update from the archos site, but that fails, and I can't seem to find a mirror.
It seems that their website is acting a bit weird too. I'm going to keep downloading and maybe it might work. If it's not fixed soon I'll just send it back because it seems to be working for everyone else.
kbxy73
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kbxy73 »

Glad I'm not the only one having this problem. I'm gonna try the link as well
roflcopterofl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by roflcopterofl »

You know whats weird is that either way I download it for archos, it just drops the file.
kbxy73
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kbxy73 »

Yup... whether it's OTA or with the link.. same error message
hurrpancakes
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hurrpancakes »

Well the mirror I linked is working perfectly so far, but I now realized that it is 2.0.54, unfortunately. I'll keep searching for 2.0.71
roflcopterofl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by roflcopterofl »

hurrpancakes wrote:Well the mirror I linked is working perfectly so far, but I now realized that it is 2.0.54, unfortunately. I'll keep searching for 2.0.71
Alright i'll search around too.
roflcopterofl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by roflcopterofl »

It starts downloading for a few seconds. Then it drops the download and says its done.
kbxy73
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kbxy73 »

I'm trying the link now... I'm just doing a drag n drop on the mounted disk. Should I be putting it in a specific folder?

Edit- Mine downloads to my comp. I'm dragging it to the disk. I unplugg and the popup shows up for the upgrade and it does it's thing. Then I get that same error message: Update for another kind of device.
Last edited by kbxy73 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hurrpancakes
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hurrpancakes »

Every time I attempt to download .71 from archos.com, it doesn't go through. I've attempted to download at least 10 times.

Updating from the device itself doesn't work either. I get an error about the upload file being invalid.
hurrpancakes
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hurrpancakes »

kbxy73 wrote:I'm trying the link now... I'm just doing a drag n drop on the mounted disk. Should I be putting it in a specific folder?

Edit- Mine downloads to my comp. I'm dragging it to the disk. I unplugg and the popup shows up for the upgrade and it does it's thing. Then I get that same error message: Update for another kind of device.
Nope, just goes straight on the internal storage.
sdho
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by sdho »

hurrpancakes wrote: Every time I attempt to download .71 from archos.com, it doesn't go through. I've attempted to download at least 10 times.

Updating from the device itself doesn't work either. I get an error about the upload file being invalid.
Try clearing your browser cache and try again. I don't have any problem downloading from Hawaii.
kbxy73
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kbxy73 »

Mine is downloading fine but it's the actual install on the device that is giving me a problem...
hurrpancakes
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hurrpancakes »

sdho wrote:
hurrpancakes wrote: Every time I attempt to download .71 from archos.com, it doesn't go through. I've attempted to download at least 10 times.

Try clearing your browser cache and try again. I don't have any problem downloading from Hawaii.
I've tried, it doesn't do anything different.
On the other hand, happy holidays everyone!
roflcopterofl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by roflcopterofl »

i'm sure it will be fixed soon.
kbxy73
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by kbxy73 »

Ha yeahh Happy Holidays!!

I'm sure it'll be fixed soon, I just waited long enough to open this bad boy up! Minor setbacks...
roflcopterofl
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by roflcopterofl »

I bet it's because so many people got it for Christmas and they are trying to update it. I've got up to 20mbs so far.
tychy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by tychy »

So, though the arctablet mirror mentioned earlier points to 2.0.54, I modified the URL from November's to December's mirror and, sure enough, it does point to .71. Just finished updating mine from factory stock.

Here's the direct link to the AOS file

Return to “Archos 101 Internet Tablet”