USB Host Port not working with new FW

10.1" capacitive, $269 for 8GB, $296 for 16GB, HDMI output, webcam...
schaze
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

USB Host Port not working with new FW

Post by schaze »

Hi,

I need help, my USB host port does not work any more since upgrade to 2.0.71 (maybe also since 2.0.54) firmware. On Eclair it was still working fine. Now there is no reaction at all when I plug something into the device. There seems to be voltage at the port as the lights of my usb stick turn on when I insert it. But the device registers nothing. (No Keyboard, no Stick)

I checked dmesg via adb shell and also LogCat but no message are sent when something is connected.

Anyone has the same problems?

/schaze
hkruisman
Archos User
Archos User

Re: USB Host Port not working with new FW

Post by hkruisman »

I have the same problem. In 1.0.84 it worked perfectly. In 2.0.54 it workd untill a format i think. With 2.0.71 usb and micro sd both do not work anymore. Lights go on but nothing happens, mouse and usb stick tested. Micro sd worked ok in 2.0.54 but no reaction in 2.0.71 I thought my 101 was broken but the signals look ok. Als during boot the usb power is not responding perfectly every time.

I hope this is a software error because i bought the 101 mainly for the usb and micro sd ports.
schaze
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by schaze »

Yes I saw you have the problem quite a while. Did you ever contact archos about it? I sent a support message from the archos homepage to them yesterday. Let's see what they'll say.
schaze
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by schaze »

Btw, I also noticed that the deep sleep mode does not work any more, not even when I select it directly from the menu... :( the green light never goes off. This definitively worked for the 2.0.54 version.
AllenPapapetrou
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by AllenPapapetrou »

USB Host worked fine when I attached an NTFS 500G drive to it under 2.0.71.

Allen
-An old geek 8)
5IT|A70S|A101
hkruisman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hkruisman »

Yes for most it works ok but a few devices failed after the update. I think a bad update firmware update to some power chips or something like that.
schaze
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by schaze »

I really hope it is only a sw problem. I also did a full reformat and installed the new 71 aos then,but stil the same, no usb and no deep sleep. The deep sleep also isn't broken by any application I installed as it did not work after the reformat w/o any apps installed either.
hkruisman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hkruisman »

I formatted the device clean and tested all those functions before any software install, no difference.
schaze
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by schaze »

hkruisman wrote:I formatted the device clean and tested all those functions before any software install, no difference.
So do you also have the deep sleep problem, or only USB and SD card?

SD card for me is working btw..
hkruisman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hkruisman »

None work at the moment, must be a power chip issue. In 1.0.84 everything worked perfectly. After the upgrade to 2.0.54 sleep did not work 100% and usb and micro sd worked. Then after a reformat usb stopped working and sleep never worked again, micro sd was still working. Than after the upgrade to 2.0.71 micro sd also stopped working.
schaze
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by schaze »

hkruisman wrote:None work at the moment, must be a power chip issue. In 1.0.84 everything worked perfectly. After the upgrade to 2.0.54 sleep did not work 100% and usb and micro sd worked. Then after a reformat usb stopped working and sleep never worked again, micro sd was still working. Than after the upgrade to 2.0.71 micro sd also stopped working.
Ah ok cool. But then I think you are right. It is most probably a SW problem and no HW defekt.
hkruisman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hkruisman »

But why are there so many people with no problems? That is very strange. I can see the usb power power cycle so the chips reset, they do not hang (no removable battery for a full reset) (yes a can desolder the battery but that is a bit drastic :)).

I think this is also what causes the downgrade issue, the hardware is modified.... Maybe i can try a reflash of 2.0.54, i have flashed 2.0.71 through recovery without any changes.

The flash could also have damaged the chips, since 2.0.54 my 101 becomes a bit hotter then before but battery life is great.
schaze
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by schaze »

Ok, I hope the chip fw can be reflashed somehow and isn't briked. Mine is also warmer since the upgrade. (Around the area of mini hdmi port) but I believe it is the wireless, as it is not as warm when wlan is off.
hkruisman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hkruisman »

Can be wifi indeed, i have it always on and powersave disabled ;)
markieboy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by markieboy »

I too am having the same usb problem :cry: but when i got my 101 it had the latest firmware, so do not know if it's ever worked before,
have you had any update on this issue yet?

Cheers....
tomcrossnz
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by tomcrossnz »

same problem happening to me. Drives were mounting fine then all of a sudden didn't. I upgraded to latest firmware and still no luck. Gonna contact Archos
Evosean
Archos User
Archos User

Post by Evosean »

Same here mine was working fine until I updated the firmware...
schaze
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by schaze »

tomcrossnz wrote:same problem happening to me. Drives were mounting fine then all of a sudden didn't. I upgraded to latest firmware and still no luck. Gonna contact Archos
Please let us know what they say. I also opened a support message, but did not get any response yet.
hkruisman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by hkruisman »

Still no news i suppose? If they only acknowledged that there was a relation between the firmware updates and the failing usb host, and that they are working on a fix that whould really help us a lot... I don't mind waiting a while but not knowing if they ever gonna fix it is a bad thing....
stephen44
Archos User
Archos User

Post by stephen44 »

new 101 with latest FW - 500 GB WD passport essential works just fine powered directly

- Stephen
Thanks

- Stephen

Return to “Archos 101 Internet Tablet”