How to play mkv files smooth?

10.1" capacitive, $269 for 8GB, $296 for 16GB, HDMI output, webcam...
bennya1
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

How to play mkv files smooth?

Post by bennya1 »

I tried play an mkv file on my archos 101 but with the built in player i need to dowload the codec because of the AC3 so i used VPlayer but the video moves in slowmotion .

Do I need to buy the codecs from archos to run mkv files smooth? because the codec of the video is H.264 its an hd movie 720p
nz
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

Re: How to play mkv files smooth?

Post by nz »

bennya1 wrote:I tried play an mkv file on my archos 101 but with the built in player i need to dowload the codec because of the AC3 so i used VPlayer but the video moves in slowmotion .

Do I need to buy the codecs from archos to run mkv files smooth? because the codec of the video is H.264 its an hd movie 720p
you need to buy the "cinema plugin" in order to decode AC3
bennya1
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bennya1 »

If I buy it the video alone will work smoothly and will not move in slowmotion?
WWilson
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by WWilson »

The video is choppy because of the VPlayer software. It's not optimized to make use of the Archos hardware like the built in Archos video software. If you buy the AC3 plugin to decode the audio it will then allow you play that file in the Archos software instead of VPlayer and the Archos software will play it back flawlessly.

Point is that any other video player is not going to play 720p with hardware acceleration, you'll have to go through the Archos software if you want to watch it.
frank
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by frank »

you could covert the video to another audio codec. haven't tried ac3 myself, but the point is I don't think you are forced to pay the money unless you want to. Handbrake is one free tool that is pretty amazing.
A70 8gb Urukdroid 1.6
Nexus 7
Hajile_Ibushi
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Hajile_Ibushi »

Try this

http://www.formatoz.com/

Easiest way to convert video. Takes the technical stuff out of video conversion.
kmd1970
Archos User
Archos User

Post by kmd1970 »

The Cinema plugin is worth buying.

I have assorted video files on my sdcard and they all play now (without conversion).

All I was missing was the AC-3 and now I have it (I never want to convert files, ever again)

The built in player is much better than any other player in the market and all of my 720P.mkv's play without stuttering. Best $15 I ever spent.
bennya1
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by bennya1 »

i formated my usb drive to ntfs and he works great i put a 720p movie (6gb) and the movie get stuck the audio play smoothly . Is it beacause the movie to heavy for the device(archos 101) ?? tv series in hd and blue ray rip (2gb) works geat .I dont know what's the problem .
Last edited by Harfainx on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit by Harfainx - Language

Return to “Archos 101 Internet Tablet”