Help me help everyone else, battery replacement for A70

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
niceguy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Help me help everyone else, battery replacement for A70

Post by niceguy »

Hi, a year or so ago I figured out a replacement battery for the A48 and now plan to do the same with the archos 70 250gig model. There is a detailed tear down of the 8 gig model but I can not find any with still valid pics for the 250 gig model which I need info on. BTW, no the 250 gig and 8 gig models do not use the same exact two lithium packs.

I need someone with a pic of the batteries of a 250 gig model to post a close up pic of the product code on the battery or just read me back the product code which will start with a CA4 prefix also read me back the amperage. If you fell real helpful you can also separate the two batteries and read me back the other product code on the second battery. This is important as I need to get dimensions correct to find replacement packs
niceguy
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Help me help everyone else, battery replacement for A70

Post by niceguy »

Never mind since no one wanted to help by opening their archos up I went ahead and opened mine up to get the code printed on the stock battery and figured out a replacement. No need to bump this thread with questions.
mars
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Help me help everyone else, battery replacement for A70

Post by mars »

niceguy wrote:Never mind since no one wanted to help by opening their archos up I went ahead and opened mine up to get the code printed on the stock battery and figured out a replacement. No need to bump this thread with questions.
Hi,
I had opened my Archos 70 and I saw the battery model (number and series)
https://youtu.be/ZcLjyP8Geis
You can find on this video...

COSLIGHT 3,7 V
CA484977
A70H/3,7V 3550mAh/13,135 Wh
model 2011.04.03
this is a set of two, the data was written on the shorter one...

However, if Coslight is not producing them as a set, you may ask for buying separately
COSLIGHT
CA3148A3
1600mA current
3,7V voltage
3,2 mm thickness
47,6 mm x 102,5 mm dimensions

COSLIGHT
CA484977
1950mA current
3,7V voltage
4,8 mm thickness
49 mm x 77,4 mm dimensions

total amps = 3550 mA

However, you must detach the circuits associated with them and solder again carefully on the new batteries

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”