Replacing the screen.

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
Hairyloon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Replacing the screen.

Post by Hairyloon »

Top tip everybody: don't put a tablet in your coat side pocket and sit down. Yes, a bit obvious really.

So, any top tips on where to get a replacement screen and how to fit it?
I'll ask Archos next, but I suspect they will tell me to take it to an authorised service centre who will charge more than the thing cost in the first place. :?
Charbax
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Replacing the screen.

Post by Charbax »

Hairyloon wrote:Top tip everybody: don't put a tablet in your coat side pocket and sit down. Yes, a bit obvious really.

So, any top tips on where to get a replacement screen and how to fit it?
I'll ask Archos next, but I suspect they will tell me to take it to an authorised service centre who will charge more than the thing cost in the first place. :?

Archos can replace it for you. Maybe for cheaper, they can send you the screen and you can be adventurous and try to replace it yourself. Maybe you just need a screw driver. There are pictures here in the forum showing how other users open up and disassemble the device. It may be as easy as clipping out the old LCD and replacing with the new one Archos may or may not agree to sell you and send you directly.
Hairyloon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Hairyloon »

Am waiting to hear from Archos... But I am still waiting for an answer to a simple query I made over a month ago... Don't think I'll buy Archos again.
Hairyloon
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Hairyloon »

Charbax wrote:Archos can replace it for you.

They can, but they won't.

Maybe for cheaper, they can send you the screen and you can be adventurous and try to replace it yourself.

They won't do that either.

To my mind, this means that the product fails in the requirements of durability and fitness for purpose in the Sale of Goods Act.

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”