Windows 7 and SMB Devices (Archos 70IT)

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
Formatc
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Windows 7 and SMB Devices (Archos 70IT)

Post by Formatc »

I have an Android tablet that can access network shares through the SMB/CIFS protocol and I am having trouble connecting to my Windows 7 shares. I searched google and I made some changes in the Local Security Policy (Send LM & NTLM use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated and I disabled 128-Bit encryption) and my Android tablet (Archos 70 Internet Tablet running Android 2.2) I have tried all of the things I can think of
The weird thing is if I log in as a guest (I am using AndSMB for the android system) I can see all of my shares but If I try to list a directory I get access denied, but if I try to log in using my user name and password I get Logon Failure unknown user or bad password
is there any thing I can be missing to get this to work?

Thanks
paulus3476
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Windows 7 and SMB Devices (Archos 70IT)

Post by paulus3476 »

I don't understand why you're using a 3rd party app - Archos does smb natively through built-in file browser, the problem is usually at the pc, it doesn't seem to be sufficient to share the root of a drive, I had to go into the drive and share the folders aswell - but it works fine once you get it right.
Formatc
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Windows 7 and SMB Devices (Archos 70IT)

Post by Formatc »

I am using a third party app because I can't get the stock file browser to work either (I keep getting the enter password screen even though the password & Username is right)
Anyway I am now using Astro File Manager with the SMB Addin and that works fine and it is a pretty good app for what I am doing (Sharing files between my A70S IT and my PC without connecting the USB Cable)

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”