avi playback

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
fil_b
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

avi playback

Post by fil_b »

Hi all

i recently uploaded some video files to my 250gb archos. ( i have paid for and installed the cinema plug in from archos. )

some .vob files worked a treat watched 2-3 episode of prison break.

i put some avi files on and i have been having issues. gets to about 30 mins of watching (regardless of start point) and the screen goes blank, i have to come out of video player by holding the power button and selecting home and re-opening the video player.

is it me, cause its happened on 3 avi files now or does my tablet not like sherlock?

thanks

Phil
paulus3476
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: avi playback

Post by paulus3476 »

>AVI is a video container, not a file format - they could contain any video type - and it does sound like the Archos doesn't like them, they could have too high a bit rate, too many ref frames etc... It's strange that you don't get an error message.Try installing mx video player from the market - failing that, watch them on your pc and don't use that source again.
fil_b
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by fil_b »

i have a look at converting it

thanks dude

Phil
zalman
Archos User
Archos User

Post by zalman »

I'm getting this problem too with the video player just freezing on black since the latest (I think) update, never got it before. And like you, holding down power until the button bar pops up then using the home button gets out of it.

I'm also getting a lot of MKV files that used to play or should play just starting with a black screen and never playing.

I hope there's another update.
fil_b
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by fil_b »

as above i downloaded the mx player and first impressions is thats its alot better

didnt stop once

try this and see what happens?

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”