Problems with Gonemad Music Player

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
itm
Archos User
Archos User

Problems with Gonemad Music Player

Post by itm »

I've just downloaded v1.1.8 of Gonemad Music Player. I set it to scan my collection of >50k tracks, but it only scanned about 22,000 of them. I tried re-scanning (for newer files only), but it only finds a few hundred at a time. It also puts up a "cleaning database" notification from time to time.
I think the ID3 tags are clean on my collection - they were all scanned successfully by my Squeezecentre Server.
I have a HDD model of the Archos 70, upgraded with a 1Tb drive. Firmware version is 2.4.81 (Android 2.2.1). Board version A70H-V6.
Has anyone successfully scanned a library of more than 50k tracks with Gonemad?
itm
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Problems with Gonemad Music Player

Post by itm »

I just tried a rescan, choosing to delete the database first. This time it scanned more than 40k tracks (I didn't see exactly how many), but then crashed ("Gonemad music player has crashed" notification)
???
jamie41
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by jamie41 »

gonemad
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by gonemad »

i have gotten some error reports for the a70 that were running out of memory issues. I do do something things during the scan to speed things up, but in the process takes up much more memory so i might have to make another option to do the slower.. less memory intensive scan.. i have a 500 gig 5IT that I guess i will just fill up with 500 gig worth for music and try to run a scan. The last time I tested a really large scan was very very early in development

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”