Archos 70 - Another BRICK in the wall ???

7" capacitive, $199 for 8GB, $249 for 250GB (with free shipping), HDMI output, webcam...
skywatch
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 70 - Another BRICK in the wall ???

Post by skywatch »

Hi,

I wonder if any of you can help with this. I had an ARchos 70IT 8Gb for Christmas and now it won't work. It stopped streamin internet radio yesteday and the screen would not respond. I did a 10sec reset and now it's like this.........

When I turn it on I get the 'ARCHOS entertainment your way' splash screen and that's where it stays. It doesn't get as far as the animated highlight moving across the ARCHOS letters and won't start up.

I have left it on charge for 15 hours and the green led remains on, never flashes like it used to.

I have tried a 10sec and 30sec press of the power button. Still the same.

I can get into the recovery mode and tried to recalibrate the screen. Still the same.
I ran check disk. Still the same.
I try and connect vis USB to 2 PC's and whilst windows bing bongs when it connects, it won't show up in explorer. When I select to disconnect it says 'archos pc hard drive USB device'. But if I can't see it then I can't put the firmware on it to try a re-install!

From the 'format menu I have tried....
Reset Android. Still the same.
Reset Android and storage. Still the same.
Reformat Device. Still the same.

Anyone have any suggestions or can help? If not CPW will be getting a call about a refund!

Thanks

Skywatch.
paulus3476
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Re: Archos 70 - Another BRICK in the wall ???

Post by paulus3476 »

I think from the description of your actions, you have probably now got a blank Archos with no operating system for it to boot into, thats what a full format does. connect it to your pc, go into recovery and select install firmware, follow the prompts and at some time, it should become available to your pc. If this doesn't happen, then CPW it is, although I suspect that they will now refer you Archos for RMA.
skywatch
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Archos 70 - Another BRICK in the wall ???

Post by skywatch »

It's a 'no-go' on that I'm affriad Paul, but thanks for taking the time to try and help out....I do appreciate it!

As for CPW sending me off to Archos, well that won't happen......Under the sale of goods act the vendor is responsible...

If there is an obvious fault with the item at any time within the first 6 months and it has not been caused by wear and tear or misuse, your first port of call must be the shop you bought it from. They have the responsibility to put the matter right, and should not evade this responsibility by referring you to the manufacturer in the context of a guarantee or warranty.

That is taken from whatconsumer.co.uk - a very useful site.

I won't say more as I am still waiting for Archos support to get back to me on this.

Thanks for trying to help!

Skywatch

Return to “Archos 70 Internet Tablet”